Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Magazines

• 29-04-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Are there any NFL magazines out there?

Was in Eason's during the week and could see soccer, rugby, GAA, MMA, Boxing magazines etc but no dedicated NFL magazine.
    I'm not really into other US sports so I don't think I'd be interested in SI, I'm really looking for a dedicated magazine.

Failing that, can anyone recommend some good or interesting NFL websites? All I seem to read is NFL.com, ESPN, this website and patriots.com! I need more football, the draft has only increased my interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

I have no idea about any dedicated magazines but I really like the Boston Globe website. You seem to be a Pats fan so that might be some help.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Try podcasts

There are a few good ones in iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I don't subscribe to it but Pro Football Weekly apprarently does an online subscription where you pick up an electronic copy of the magazine and then you can print it off yourself if you like.

There is also an excellent online based UK magazine called Football Diner which I rate. Worth checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah, the ESPN football today podcast is really excellent. If you have an interest in other American sports, I would also suggest becoming an ESPN insider and getting ESPN magazine shipped to you every couple of weeks. The football content there is always interesting, and it contains plenty of arresting features and content about North American sports as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Dunno why ud bother with mags these days... God Bless the Internet.

I never want to go back to the days of having to bus it into town for the likes of 'First Down' and 'Touchdown'. Anyone else remember scouring the back of the monday Evening Press for the results of the previous day?... Or even trying to tune into Armed Forces Radio to get tidbits of coverage.

Bleeding hell them were the days alright!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Dunno why ud bother with mags these days... God Bless the Internet.

I hate reading off the screen and it's easy to bring a magazine on a bus, or to the loo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

SexyIrish wrote: »
    I hate reading off the screen and it's easy to bring a magazine on a bus, or to the loo.

Im like the SAS and Navy Seals in and out none of this hanging around in the toilet :D:D:D

But agreed I like the paper version also. As I travel alot i like to be able to read on trains planes and automobiles.

Advertisement