Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Maison Des Gourmet is now...

• 29-04-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

...a restaurant. Anyone been? Good? Bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've walked past the place a few times and saw it was closed down.

Is it still La Maison Des Gourmet?

When it was a cafe I rarely bought anything from there as it was just too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I didn't know it is a restaurant now, I was there a morning when I was looking for a replacement of queen of tarts and I wasn't impressed by their tarts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I am pretty sure it's still La Maison Des Gourmet. It's just not a cafe/patisserie anymore. Did think their tarts were over rated. They used to be much better when I first came across them 3 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that Tom Doorley might have reviewed them recently in the Times (or at least I think I saw it in some newspaper somewhere).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I walked by it on he way home yesterday. It looks lovely inside. Very french bistro. There was not a sinner though, except one very depressed looking waitress. :(

I had a quick glance throught the menu - all fairly reasonable. My fav starter was the asparagus with poached eggs and fois gras sauce @ €7.50. I didnt have time to go theough the mains as was being tugged away by impatient shopaholic.

I hope it does well. I always liked the old shop and the pastries were excellent.

http://www.tasteofireland.com/frontend/restaurants/show/52-La-Maison-des-Gourmets-

• Advertisement
Advertisement