Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andalusia/Costa de la Luz, nr Tarifa and various assorted places like that

• 29-04-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Some of you may have noticed I shut up for 5 days. This is because I was on holidays in the south of Spain taking photographs of kitesurfers. But not just kitesurfers.

F70AB612C5704F3F9630497DCEA79A23.jpg

This was one of the lifeguard huts on the main beach in Tarifa. Tarifa is probably the biggest kite and windsurf destination in Europe - it is seriously, seriously popular. This was taken at sunset one evening. The filter is a blue filter.

279D6A33D2EE41A39FD129D4CF3DDC78.jpg

There are about 1000 kite photographs. I haven't had time to go through them all so this is just a taster. I took a lot of photographs of my friends but there's some nice things there as well from a few guys I didn't know. Which was most of them.

2A811FF45263438085801E0C1DB8814D.jpg

This is the Atlantic breaking on a fortification on a islet. About 15 metres to the left of this is the Mediterranean.

F3A9CE481F634232925397E4F69E6014.jpg

This is from Europa Point on Gibralter where we were looking at architecture but a few flowers caught my attention and the flowers were not devoid of wildlife.

3136164FFAF3410590199134D62495C5.jpg

Wind power is big there. Really big. I've never seen so many turbines in my entire life.

This is from the top of the Rock of Gibralter.

DEC5B1C05451481980BF34041F02BD56.jpg

We didn't see so many of the apes.

now I have to go look at the kite photographs and sort through them :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Welcome back to the Irish Weather :D

Looks like you had a nice time and some nice photos from your initial selection so far and with more to some in due course I am sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Nice stuff. I love the crashing of the waves of the Atlantic and the first one is quite classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Really like that third shot Treasa. Hope you had a good time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'd a ball, I have to say.

The filter above was actually the tobacco - I don't know what I was thinking last night. Still tired I guess.

There are another bunch of Atlantic wave photographs but frankly, a lot of them at the same time is pushing it :-)

Don't know when I'll get to them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

This thread reminded me of some photos I took last Novermber when I was in Nerja, meeting the wedding planner - took a quick look back at them - one or two half decent ones - just a crop and quick curves done to these!

Take on the Balcon de Europa, Nerja, Spain

Day
    3488157227_e3e1fb2d0e_b.jpg

Night
    3488157629_6a20515f96_b.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement