Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best way of attaching a surfboard to a motorbike?

• 29-04-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

funny one i know but i've been trying to think of a way of combining my two favourite things, motorbiking and surfing. I've a honda shadow 600 cuiser and a 9foot four longboard. Been thinking that maybe some kind of modified sidecar but dont know where to start. anyone any suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Borrow a van and put them both in it. That way ... when you get there you can go for a spin on the bike or do your surfing :D

Seriously though ... doesnt sound like a wise idea ... given the surfboard being longer than the bike. Id imagine the side car option might work but you may need a different license to use one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha deadly. that thing hagar posted be the right job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks the job alright ... would you need a change on yer license to use a trailer?

GBX wrote: »
    Looks the job alright ... would you need a change on yer license to use a trailer?

Jaysus I have no idea bud. Ask some fella on a harley all them lads have trailers lol.

Could be cool though. If you get tired riding the bike just get someone else to ride it for you on the twisties and you stand up on the board. See how long ya last.
    Ya be the only surfer ever to have surfed the wicklow gap haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

thanks lads, thought it'd get a laugh, esp thanks to hagar though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

Hey i have seen things like this while i was travelling last year i didnt get a photo of it but there was allot of people carying their boards on their bike like this.

heres a photos i got off the net explaining what i mean............

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    Hey i have seen things like this while i was travelling last year i didnt get a photo of it but there was allot of people carying their boards on their bike like this.

heres a photos i got off the net explaining what i mean............

How fookin dangerous would that be. Slightest bit of a crosswind and your in deep ****.

think i'll avoid the side strap idea, as someone said, i'll end up getting caught by the crosswind. Seriously thinking about Hagars pic though. anyone know a person mad enough to build me one? promise i'll post pics!

Be simple to make up one. your bound to find someone fairly easily that will do it for ya.

• Advertisement

How fookin dangerous would that be. Slightest bit of a crosswind and your in deep ****.

I somehow think that the sidebar idea wasnt made for long distance just made for the down the road idea or across town in Biarritz. Dont think that the trailor would be road legal tho.................Would it.................????

think it might be legal actually - it being a case of there been no law against it so to speak

got to admit, it'd look mad cool!

it would alright. I want one now and I dont surf. I could tow me bed around. I love sleeping and biking.

my other favourite hobby!

seanybiker wrote: »
    it would alright. I want one now and I dont surf. I could tow me bed around. I love sleeping and biking.

Happy days then.

The trailer would be VERY easy to build!!

yeah i'm thinking it should be fairly handy for a person who knows what he's doing, thing is i'm doing my pHd at moment and just dont have time or the skill, anyone know anyone to recommend pm me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

My advise is to Forget the idea. I've a long board, 9' and have been surfing for many years. I've always noticed cross winds from trucks traveling in the opposite direction can throw the car off balance (due to the lift generated from the surfboard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gohs

that rig looks good but it will wag like f when you hit 50 mph and be carefull breaking good luck

gohs wrote: »
    that rig looks good but it will wag like f when you hit 50 mph and be carefull breaking good luck

thanks gohs, been thinking i really should take reece's advice though. Got to admit it was a great idea but just scientifically impractical - bloody scientists! ;) thanks and love to all 4 d advice, decision made not to go ahead with it. moderator please close thread

• Advertisement

love to all. Are you drunk? Ha ha. Never thought about lift from the wind and board. Thats a balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

its ok you can stop worrying im going to invent you a telescopic surf board
    you can wear on your back:P:P im estimating it will be ready 2019 once i work out a few kinks like how to fill the hollow inside haha

that be savage alright ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

its ok you can stop worrying im going to invent you a telescopic surf board
    you can wear on your back:P:P im estimating it will be ready 2019 once i work out a few kinks like how to fill the hollow inside haha

Ya won't be retiring just yet , sadly

http://www.bisect.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=719

bushy... wrote: »
    Ya won't be retiring just yet , sadly

main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=719

No fooking way, thats bloody class.

Advertisement