Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats a good price for these polos?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

babel2 wrote: »
    is there anyway i could get them lowered?
    Coilovers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I think the silver looks quite nice. The black one is in Kerry so not too far for you to travel, but the silver one is up the road from me, not too close to Cork tho!

Try yer luck with 2k and see where the seller will go with it. But to be fair if you got it from the dealer you'd probably get a service, valet, warrenty and I'm sure you could knock a few quid off, even over the phone you could haggle. Plus its got less milage...but a year older! You could try 2k with them too, you would get it for 2200 I reckon at the most.

Did Polo's have Power Steering as standard in 00? There's no mention of it in the ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 8080

Silver one is much better, very rare spec: cupholder, colour coded bump strips, height adjustable seats (v. important in such a tiny car)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I think the silver looks quite nice. The black one is in Kerry so not too far for you to travel, but the silver one is up the road from me, not too close to Cork tho!

Did Polo's have Power Steering as standard in 00? There's no mention of it in the ad

+1

One of the nicest (except for Gti's) Polo's of that era I've seen. Rare enough to find a Trendline over here, could possibly be an import.

Most of them came standard with power, and if the trendline didn't I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Silver without a second taught, the black one has nothing going for it, the black looks a bit drab IMO

• Advertisement

If ya wanted I could pop into that Garage and take a look at it for ya? I live on the Navan road so I'm sure I'd be passing it sometime before the end of the week

I'd put €50 on with any one that it's English, actually. You might have a look at the SH if you get a chance Grahamo999, see is there any UK stamps.

Well I'll try pop in before the weekend, if not it'll be Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Most of them came standard with power, and if the trendline didn't I'll eat my hat.
    They came with feck all power!

(I know you meant power steering though)

I'm sure all those facelift ones had power steering

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They came with feck all power!

(I know you meant power steering though)

I'm sure all those facelift ones had power steering

Lol, I was going to go back and put in steering, but I knew some one would say something. You get the gold start Colm:P

Aye, I'm fairly sure all the 6n2's came with power steering, there are some 00 6n's and they more than likely don't.

• Advertisement

OP if ya want me to pop in an have a quick look at it, I'm no mechanic but I could check the usual bits, just lemme know, aint any hassle*

*Please note that there's a no hassle payment of €100 for each car check!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

You're working for Ryanair so is it Grahamo999? Didn't know they did car checks :P

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    You're working for Ryanair so is it Grahamo999? Didn't know they did car checks :P
    I would of made the small print smaller if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

OP if ya want me to pop in an have a quick look at it, I'm no mechanic but I could check the usual bits, just lemme know, aint any hassle*

e100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

e100?

I think there's a 100 euro discount for first time customers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

You have to looking at €2000 to €2250 depending on the warrenty offered from Park Motors, the private sale €1600 cash if your lucky.
    A couple of thing to atch on these 1 litre polo's. My wife runs one and its a grand little car but the peddle box goes on them which will cost you maybe €200, the headlights can break on the inside throwing the lens off- only option is a new healight. Timing belt should have been done around 50,000km along with the water pump. Might be worth checking if these have been done.

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    I think there's a 100 euro discount for first time customers :P
    i would hope so.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brillianthenry

The one i had didnt have power steering,twas my first car so once i got a car with power steering the difference was intense!

i would hope so.:eek:
    The 100e was a joke...I was expectin you to say thanks for the offer!!!

The 100e was a joke...I was expectin you to say thanks for the offer!!!

and i am going to say it. thank you.
    thats very kind of you.

• Advertisement

I'll be poppin in this evenin or in the mornin so everyone that can think of anythin I should look out for, post em!

Might ask Peasent for tips of the perfect Tyre Kick!!!

I'll ask about prices too, OP are ya payin cash? I'll tell him i'm lookin at it for me sister!

I'll be poppin in this evenin or in the mornin so everyone that can think of anythin I should look out for, post em!

Might ask Peasent for tips of the perfect Tyre Kick!!!

I'll ask about prices too, OP are ya payin cash? I'll tell him i'm lookin at it for me sister!

if cash will lower the price then yes.biggrin.gif
    and could you chec if it has ower steering please, thank you.much appreciated

if cash will lower the price then yes.biggrin.gif
    and could you chec if it has ower steering please, thank you.much appreciated
    By saying cash I don't mean cold hard cash, I just ment no trade in?

By saying cash I don't mean cold hard cash, I just ment no trade in?
    no trade in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

AFAIK PAS is standard on this model of Polo (99% sure).
    +1

One of the nicest (except for Gti's) Polo's of that era I've seen. Rare enough to find a Trendline over here, could possibly be an import.

Nope, that's an Irish car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

Yep he's right Irish car I think the regs went up to about 104,000 for Dublin in 2000 looks like a nice car op.
    Sign of the times a main dealer selling a 9 year old car

AudiChris wrote: »
    Nope, that's an Irish car.

A rare enough site, so it is. How will I get that €50 to you? :P

Popped into the dealer at 5 o'clock, sold yesterday!

Shoulda checked carzone before I left but I didn't think. Anyway back to the search OP

Popped into the dealer at 5 o'clock, sold yesterday!

Shoulda checked carzone before I left but I didn't think. Anyway back to the search OP

Lol, all it in it was a nice, cheap little car. You didn't ask how much it made did you?

• Advertisement

Lol, all it in it was a nice, cheap little car. You didn't ask how much it made did you?
    Nah the salesman seemed like a Grumpy Oul Fart so I just said OK an left, had a look around the used cars to make sure he wasn't lying, the three R8's seem to have disappeared from up there though! And I couldn't see the RS6 either

Nah the salesman seemed like a Grumpy Oul Fart so I just said OK an left, had a look around the used cars to make sure he wasn't lying, the three R8's seem to have disappeared from up there though! And I couldn't see the RS6 either
    ah well, back to the searching.smile.gif
    thanks for taking time to go to the bother of looking at it. its much appreciated.biggrin.gif

I'll get that few quid off ya another time too!

A rare enough site, so it is. How will I get that €50 to you? :P

PM it to me pls!

AudiChris wrote: »
    PM it to me pls!
    Oh cash can be transfered via PM now, thats handy, Babel just PM me that hundred quid!!!

Didn't you hear? It's totally safe to PM complete strangers your credit card details nowadays.
    Boards.ie has such good anti-phishing/spamming software that there's no way you'll be ripped off - I guarantee it!*

*not a guarantee

• Advertisement

Oh cash can be transfered via PM now, thats handy, Babel just PM me that hundred quid!!!

sure no bother, just sent it. dont go spending it all at once.;)

Advertisement