Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of Pear on Blacknight Minimus Hosting

Options
  • 29-04-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of the Pear installation on the Blacknight Minimus package so I can add that path to my includes.

Don't want to have to wait for support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Pear on Linux plans should be /usr/bin/pear
    It's probably already in the include path

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well if its in the include path already my scripts would be able to locate DB.php but they can't.

Even when I explicitly add the path using the ini_set command:
    ini_set("include_path",".:/usr/libexec/php5-cgi/share/pear/"); 
    // for PHP 5

I get an 'Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/libexec/php5-cgi/share/pear//DB.php)' error and
    ini_set("include_path",".:/usr/bin/pear/");
    (for PHP4)

errors saying it can't locate DB.php when I attempt to include it.

Spoke to support this morning and their only suggestion is to install my own version of Pear which to be honest I would like to avoid as it gives an extra maintenance headache to me. Register365 provide access on their shared hosting plans to their installation of Pear so why not Blacknight?

Can't believe I am the only customer out there using Pear who would like this facility provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'll ask one of our technical team to have a look at this for you.

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Thanks Michele, I've been talking to another of your tech guys there and it seems this will be a no go. Its a pity as apart from that I am really liking the features provided, the Control Panel is very intuitive and easy to use.

I will just install my own Pear copy above the root directory.

Advertisement