Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten Wanted

Options
  • 29-04-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm looking for a young kitten or kittens to adopt, or pay a small fee for if need be!

My brother's cat died around Christmas time after a bad illness, and he's been absolutely torn up over it since. His cat was like a little puppy dog, he hand reared him and absolutely doted on him. I'd love to surprise him with a new kitten soon, I think the time is right because he recently mentioned that he feels ready to welcome a new kitten or kittens into his house.

I don't think he'd mind the colour, or even whether it's male or female, but the cat he lost was a black & white male, so I don't think it'd be a great idea to "replace" his other cat for him. I'll consider any other colour though!

So, if you have any kittens available now or soon, or if you know anybody who does, please let me know! We're in Kildare, but we can travel or meet anywhere for the right kittens! :D

(P.S. I have contacted so many rescue organisations already, none have any kittens available right now.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The thing is Luxy, the good rescues won't let you take an animal to give to someone else, especially not as a surprise. Owning a cat will tie your brother down for the cat's lifetime, which could be twenty years or more. So to be honest it's not something I would surprise him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

agree about the surprise element, although getting a new cat for you brother if he consents is a great idea.

i'm going to be heading that direction delivering a few other kittens to their new homes in about 4 weeks but i think the only one i have left, depending on the response on another thread here is a B&W male... i can post a pic if you'd like anyway, he's quite distictive looking so doubt he'd be similar to the cat that was lost other than clour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luxy

As I mentioned in my initial post, we were discussing the matter and he did say himself that yes, he will be getting a new kitten. I told him I'd see what I could do. Maybe the term surprise threw you off, but I assure you, not everybody is as flippant about animal welfare as you might think.

My family & I have kept cats all of our lives. We've adopted from shelters before, and when we were younger, my mother used to foster & handrear kittens & puppies before they were rehomed. We've all experienced the late night feedings. :P

My brother works from home & has the time and resources to carry on fostering at times. In fact, as I mentioned, the cat he lost was a kitten he had handreared himself. He adopted out the other kittens & kept one for himself. That's why it stung him so much to lose him.

I'm aware of how concerned everyone is about who rehomes animals & what their motives are. Believe me, I've seen the number of ads on certain ad sites. What's worse than the number of people looking for kittens is the number of ads from people trying to rehome them when the reach adulthood. They claim genuine reasons, but it's fairly obvious that some (not all) of them just got bored of having a cat rather than a kitten.

Anyway, my point is, the kitten or kittens that my brother does end up getting will be going to an experienced & devoted family home, where they'll be cherished all of their lives.

boomerang, I understand your concern, but you need to trust that for every irresponsible pet owner out there, there are a few who really care about their pets & their welfare.

I'd love to see a picture of your kitten anyway PinkTulips, even if he does get adopted, it'd still be lovely to take a look at him! ;)

here are the two, i think the black girl might have a home, waiting for a response on that but the little b&w male is still available i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luxy

Aw, they are absolutely gorgeous, look at them! You must have plenty of interest in them already. What age are they now, they look just tiny!

• Advertisement

those pics are from last week when they were just under 4 weeks, they'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.

the little black girl is available after all :)

will be traveling to kildare to deliver her sister to her new home so if you think she'd suit your brother, or that the little b&w fella would they're free to a good home

i'll take your word for the fact that you know your brother well enough to surprise him with this, although if i'm honest i'd be happier if he did know just so he can prepare for the new arrival if nothing else.

i don't know if you're still interested as you haven't come back to this thread but the black girl is now the only one left...

Advertisement