Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People's eyes and how you interpret them

• 29-04-2009 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

When people have those rivelling eyes that move around a lot or fre around what does that indicate to you? Mystery, depth? Does the speed of them mean anything? Or do still eyes have depth? Or is it nothing to do with movement but the colour/pigment/sheen in the eye? Do certain kid of eyes look authentic or soulful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Was that a load of balls then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Lol!:D
    Ah, I always wondered that myself Affable.... some people's eyes dart left and right at high speed when they're maintaining eye contact, is it a subconscious thing? Or can they stop it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

They are checking out your face in detail, no? I always assume a girl who does it finds me attractive. Am I just arrogant? :D

topper75 wrote: »
    They are checking out your face in detail, no? I always assume a girl who does it finds me attractive. Am I just arrogant? :D

Nah, some peoples eyes are just like that all the time when they speak. Of course if they look at you with rivelling eyes and an implicit tenderness, then you know you're in. I don't know if it's general, everyday incidence indicates depth and complexity or that their mind is all over the place, just 'lively' rather than deep.

Lol!:D
    Ah, I always wondered that myself Affable.... some people's eyes dart left and right at high speed when they're maintaining eye contact, is it a subconscious thing? Or can they stop it?

With me, I don't wanna stare too much, I got intense eyes anyway, so I move em around not to bear down on people. It can be stopped to some degree but it's mostly subconscious I think, well it is if they are absorbed in what they are saying.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

look up stuff on Eye Contact. The listener gazes at the speaker, the speaker only occasionally glances at the listener. Check out your friends when you're talking 1 to 1. As for the rest it could be habit. It's not so much the eyes themselves that give expression - they're just orbs; it's the facial expression around them that makes a difference. Staring is generally seen as aggressive.

Advertisement