Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullfinch

• 30-04-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Thought I spotted a bullfinch a few days back on the gravel before he flitted away. Fortunately, I confirmed it this evening when I saw him again in the corner of the garden and in the hedge. Beautiful bird, especially in the wet, when the plumage seems brighter still.

Just wondering if I could attract him to my feeder? I'd love to get a closer look, and a photo. It's got peanuts and suet at the moment, and is frequented by an abundance of his gold and green cousins. Maybe he'll decide to have a closer look yet ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

While I often get Bullfinches in the garden I have never had them on the peanuts, seed feeders or bird table. Indeed they have never fed on the ground under the bird table, where I scatter seed, either. They always feed in the trees and bushes. This time of year they eat the flower buds on a range of trees (including the fruit trees :(). Lovely birds to watch and I'm sure you'll get a good shot of one but probably not at the bird table.

Advertisement