Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

€10,000 GUARANTEED in The Westbury Club Monthly Event 26th.May!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Feic this, stick me down too.

tom kitt

bring the guitar tom. some nice half time entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

No worries, my rate is 250 bananas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

Hi Larry,

Can I also book a seat for Barry Mahon please.

Thanks,

Tom Hanlon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Those gut shot chasing, back door flushing, pasta making, super mario rejects can go to hell

+ 1 billion

One Mario limped for €2, called a repop to €60 and then decided to get his €200 tank in preflop with AQQ7 to crack my AAQ10ds

Same donk called a PSB on a Q34 flush board with 67o to crack Willows Aces in Hold'em thanks to the magical 5 on the turn :rolleyes:

And just to round it off, i'm sitting with KJ on a 1098 board...he bets, i call. Ginnn card on the turn, Q..he bets, i raise...8 on the river. Obv he has 1010.

I should have just handed him the €600 and went home early and got some sleep.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+ another million
    I went out to some muppet who obviousally thought he was playing bingo with his ma!
    He pused allin for around 28k with Q8 off I call with KK & he rivers his straight :eek:
    What does the buyin have to be to get some good play :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

koolkid wrote: »
    + another million
    I went out to some muppet who obviousally thought he was playing bingo with his ma!
    He pused allin for around 28k with Q8 off I call with KK & he rivers his straight :eek:

Thats shocking Colm, just as bad as mine last week. Unlucky.

Wasn't same guy by any chance was it? :D

Didn't make it last night but sounds like it was a cracking night. How many runners and any results?

tm2204 wrote: »
    Thats shocking Colm, just as bad as mine last week. Unlucky.

Wasn't same guy by any chance was it? :D

Didn't make it last night but sounds like it was a cracking night. How many runners and any results?

I never really berate anyone that pushes first preflop regardless of what they are holding. Its obv a steal/squeeze etc so probably the right move and unlucky for Mr Q8 to find someone with a hand behind him. Its still sick though when your KK gets crack by the proverbial bag of bollix.

There was 75 runners with €6500 for 1st. Not sure of the result but Fergus txt at 5.45am to say he went out 8th so it could have been a long one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I never really berate anyone that pushes first preflop regardless of what they are holding. Its obv a steal/squeeze etc so probably the right move and unlucky for Mr Q8 to find someone with a hand behind him. Its still sick though when your KK gets crack by the proverbial bag of bollix.

There was 75 runners with €6500 for 1st. Not sure of the result but Fergus txt at 5.45am to say he went out 8th so it could have been a long one!

Wow, 75 runners. This tourney just keeps growing & growing. Juicy 1st place prize too.

Not questioning the push Tony just sympathizing with Colm on the horrible outdraw when the cards get flipped over.

How did you get on? Some mad Italian donk you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

rob here

seems like a great tourney as usual,

kp was 7th, dara 6th and i heard mr pillowtalk and phil baker still left at that stage, thats all i know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For it being a steal it was still bad play in not great position. I wasn't even on the blind.
    Anyway over & done with..
    Its forgotten, but I learnt something new about another player ... never forget a face LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

rob here

seems like a great tourney as usual,

kp was 7th, dara 6th and i heard mr pillowtalk and phil baker still left at that stage, thats all i know.

dara = doke right? did he cash?

tm2204 wrote: »
    Wow, 75 runners. This tourney just keeps growing & growing. Juicy 1st place prize too.

Not questioning the push Tony just sympathizing with Colm on the horrible outdraw when the cards get flipped over.

How did you get on? Some mad Italian donk you out?

LOL yeah Italian oul fella got me. Mr limpalot limps along with a couple of others so i pump it with JJ, he calls. Flop is Qxx with 2 clubs. I manage to mis-read him and get it allin v his AQ for a big pot. Bounce back from 700 chips to 4500 and push UTG with K8s and UTG+1...makes a great read and calls with Q4..nh wp
    big_iain wrote: »
    dara = doke right? did he cash?

Yeah thats doke. They paid 10 and Rob says he finished 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Really sorry I couldn't make it to this tournament yesterday Larry. Hope it was a great success. I will definitely be out to it soon, not enough hours in the day at the moment :rolleyes:

Great to see a club going so well in North Dublin.

Stephen.

Yeah thats doke. They paid 10 and Rob says he finished 6th.

I can't wait to get the results. That will mean, we have 500 points between the top five on IPR and equal 2nd places (doke and Keith McFadden) and equal 3rd places (Mark Buckley and Nicky Power).

Could be a busy week with Fitz EOM and one in All in One, Drogheda still to play this week.

my 1000th Post next wooohooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

For it being a steal it was still bad play in not p great position. I wasn't even on the blind.
    Anyway over & done with..
    Its forgotten, but I learnt something new about another player ... never forget a face LOL

At a certain point in tournaments, moving all in regardless of cards is never really a bad play...

Great tournament though. I'd probably rather the structure had less chips/longer blinds but it's much of a muchness. For a 270 euro tournament the field had tonnes of value, has to be the best regular tournament in the city on the basis of last night

Slash/ED wrote: »
    At a certain point in tournaments, moving all in regardless of cards is never really a bad play...
    I agree , but on 9-10 table theres a good chance of running into something. Anyways all forgotton:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

Thanks to Larry and all the staff (WOW, THE STAFF;)) for a great night of Poker. The €20 reg is probably the best value in town with the barby & compt drinks. Advise all non playing boardsies to check it out.. And hard luck to Willy for another sick beat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

+ another million

Pretty sure that was me, we were playing 7 handed and you and the guy directly to your left are total nits, the blinds were 2/4k Im open shoving anything there tbh. You dont really seem to understand poker imo.

Good tourney Larry and gang, best show in town as usual. 3 way chop done between myself, phil and some kid called nigel with me taking the lions share.

wp all.

Good tourney Larry and gang, best show in town as usual. 3 way chop done between myself, phil and some kid called nigel with me taking the lions share.

wp all.

Nice one Eoin and Phil. I'd say its Nigel from the Fitz..Really nice bloke, about 24 with glasses?

The barbeque at the break was something else and when you add in all the refreshments available throughout the night, and all for a €20 reg its unbelievable value.

Great tournie by Larry and his crew, wp all

Nice one Eoin and Phil. I'd say its Nigel from the Fitz..Really nice bloke, about 24 with glasses?

The barbeque at the break was something else and when you add in all the refreshments available throughout the night, and all for a €20 reg its unbelievable value.

yeah thats the chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

Pretty sure that was me, we were playing 7 handed and you and the guy directly to your left are total nits, the blinds were 2/4k Im open shoving anything there tbh. You dont really seem to understand poker imo.

Jaysus KoolKid..... this guy has got a total read on you!!!! ;)

The chop was done and THEN LARRY PRODUCES THE TROPHY!!!! (The f..... had it hidden)

NO CHOP NO CHOP :)

Thanks Tony, and fyi.. Nigel has'nt been 24 for 11 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I'd like to thank the westbury for a great spread, please tell me what that pasta was called it was A1. I enjoyed the whole tourny, got home at 4 am for zero profit but it was worth it. As i said before my exit, getting em in 80-20 is as much as I can hope for so no complaints.

congrats to the choppers.

now for the CL final, looking forward to this . Even united fans have to be looking froward to the amazing Messi

thx agian Westbury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

Hi Everyone ,

On behalf of the Westbury Club Staff and myself we like to say a huge thank you to everyone who turned up and Supported our club & our Monthly NLH Tournament !

Once again a very tough field !

We had 75 players reaching a total prize pool of €18,750!

Congratulation to all who cashed ,

Final Table & Results

10.David O'Neill
    9.Gavin Quinn
    8.Fergus Atkinson
    7.Ken Powell
    6.Dara Kearney
    5.Franco Polsinelli
    4.Piero Guisto
    3.Nigel Murphy
    2.Philip Baker
    1.Eoan Olin

3 way chop at the end !

Prize Pool !

1.€6500
    2.€4000
    3.€2300
    4.€1600
    5.€1200
    6.€1000
    7.€850
    8.€700
    9.€300
    10.€300
    11th player on the bubble received €300 as all the players agreed to take it off from the first Prize !

Congartulation to everyone very well done !

very very pleased with the crowed and hopefully everyone had a good time !

Once again many many thanks to all of you !! it just isn't possible without you !!!

Thanks A Milliion!!

Regards ,

The Westbury Club

Larry - Andy & Co.

YULETIRED wrote: »
    I'd like to thank the westbury for a great spread, please tell me what that pasta was called it was A1. I enjoyed the whole tourny, got home at 4 am for zero profit but it was worth it. As i said before my exit, getting em in 80-20 is as much as I can hope for so no complaints.

congrats to the choppers.

now for the CL final, looking forward to this . Even united fans have to be looking froward to the amazing Messi

thx agian Westbury

Hi The Pasta called Chicken Al Forno it was ordered from Boticelli Top Class Italian Restaurant !;)

Glad you've enjoyed the game ,we were glad to have you ,

Many Thanks ,

Larry

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

24? lol

I recently found out what age Nigel actually is, and lets just put it this way, I'm a good few years younger than him.

5starpool wrote: »
    24? lol

I recently found out what age Nigel actually is, and lets just put it this way, I'm a good few years younger than him.

Quite amazed when Phil said that above. Always presumed Nigel was a young bloke, unless i'm talking about someone different, but i doubt it. Damn those youthful good looks!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oops, I missed Phils comments.

Who was 11th?

I will post it later on this evening when I'm in the club !

Regards,

Larry

Results up on IPR except for the bubble boy.

This event really has got things hot under the collar at the top of the rankings. We now have equal 2nd places and equal 3rd places. and only 500 points separating the top 5. I never expected it to be this close.

Well done to the Westbury another great event producing some great play in a great structure.

Maddogg wrote: »
    Jaysus KoolKid..... this guy has got a total read on you!!!! ;)

Yeah Paddy Power Poker style :D

Well done to the Westbury another great event producing some great play in a great structure.

+ 1 Well done Larry

Results up on IPR except for the bubble boy.

This event really has got things hot under the collar at the top of the rankings. We now have equal 2nd places and equal 3rd places. and only 500 points separating the top 5. I never expected it to be this close.

quick question (sorry to go off thread) what is the IPR. How does it work and what is the time frame for league

Yeah Paddy Power Poker style :D

+ 1 Well done Larry

Thanks Colm !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

westlife wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, and fyi.. Nigel has'nt been 24 for 11 years!

If Nigel is 24 then he is deffo the youngest over 35's soccer player ever ever...

WP Phil, Eoin & Nigel. Went in 18th myself with 7 bb's I think getting it in with 10sJs vs 88 and A4.. Twas in reasonable shape me thinks but no good.

I really enjoyed the night and the Italians are great crack.

Jayminator wrote: »
    If Nigel is 24 then he is deffo the youngest over 35's soccer player ever ever...Peter F...... Pan

WP Phil, Eoin & Nigel. Went in 18th myself with 7 bb's I think getting it in with 10sJs vs 88 and A4.. Twas in reasonable shape me thinks but no good. Thanks Jay... Somebody called with A4? 88? tell me how it unfolded, im intrigued
    I really enjoyed the night and the Italians are great crack.
    Agree...some players where having a 'pop' about the standard of their play... but I found them nice guys up for a bit of banter.