Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insects in the morning dew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

These are excellent. Funny thing is, the insects are probably at their most dosile in the early hours of the morning. So are easy enough to capture on camera. Only problem though, waking up and getting out to shoot so early.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

amazing photos, cheers for the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Excellent work there.
    Is that how those insects hydrate? Are they slower/docile in the mornings when they're cold like reptiles are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

They're brilliant.

Yes cold...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Cheers Oshead, sorry for the needless question, must stop scanning and start reading:o
    Theres another good shot in the current random I think, of a fly with a big spitball below its mouthparts, I know thats how they digest some sort of repeated regurgitation as they only ingest liquids.

Anyone know of a good entomology book that would cover the insects I'm likely to find in my back garden?

njburke wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good entomology book that would cover the insects I'm likely to find in my back garden?

That'd be a pretty large book. Month by month throughout the summer, the species of insects found in a typical back garden changes quite dramatically. Your best bet, if you are trying to ID insects from your garden is to take the photo and post it in the wildaboutbritian.co.uk insects forum. The folks there are experts at the fine art of Identifying the little critters.

Advertisement