Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Mason Costs

Options
  • 30-04-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone used a stone mason recently. We are planning on doing our house with limestone rough cut. Approx 250 sqm to do. What should I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Got a quote recently for €100 a square meter - seemed a bit high to me so still looking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Lightning McQue

This is what was being charged at the height of the boom.

I was quoted this 17 months ago and when the stone mason rang me in January this year he told me that he would drop his price.

No different to block layers. Good block layers are now charging 80 cent.

Lightning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

rebellad wrote: »
    Got a quote recently for €100 a square meter - seemed a bit high to me so still looking!!

we got 2 quotes for 254m2 of stone on house first was 13000
    second quote 12000

stone itself was 12500 euro

Pipsqueak

Random or course?

What type of stone?

Where are you based and who are you getting the stone from?

Lightning

Pipsqueak

Random or course?

What type of stone?

Where are you based and who are you getting the stone from?

Lightning

its 8 inch standard limestone, midlands, got price from premier stone veneers, cloughan, mullingar
    we sell stone.ie are more expensive but bigger choice
    course stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

Hi Lads & Lassies,

I have been quoted 80sqm... have one mason who seems quite keen so I told him I am willing to pay 60sqm for 257sqm and no more. He originall quoted me €80.

You should not have to pay more than €120 for a bag of stone. Do not buy form manor as they source it beside me and just market it as their own.

If anyone has a mason number can they PM me and I have a contact for Blue Grey Limestone at a very reasonable price.

Thanks

Wardwill

What quarry is that limestone coming out of? Is it Ballacolla by chance?

Theres a Pat Stafford who I think works for B & D Stonemasons. I was talking to a Willie Kirwan 086-8486750 who works for manor stone and he mentioned him. I know absolutely nothing about him and I have never seen his work. May be Willie Kirwan can help you out.

Can you send on that contact for the blue/grey limestone.

Thanks.

Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Where about is the house op. I have built limestone before. I have a portfolio if you want to see. I don't actually work as a stonemason anymore but the man I worked for is very reasonable and his standard of workmanship is out on its own.

Smcgie

Kilkenny

I wouldn't mind seeing the portfolio.

Lightning

anyone else getting tired of brickies, etc. constantly ringing/nagging you and asking if they have the contract??

2 years ago they wouldnt even quote you for a job!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

If a guy has fallen on hard times, I'll put up with the nagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

We are building in Roscommon and would love to see the portfolio.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharxmayo

Smcgie wrote: »
    Where about is the house op. I have built limestone before. I have a portfolio if you want to see. I don't actually work as a stonemason anymore but the man I worked for is very reasonable and his standard of workmanship is out on its own.
    i would love to see the portfolio an get a quote for a fireplace

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fuchia

Hi All,

I would also be very interested in seeing the protfolio.

Thanks

Fuchia

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Ditto

Looking to do front porch of house plus 1 or 2 fireplaces.

If you could PM me smcgie I'd be grateful,
    Based in the west - Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭YourAverageJoe

Has anyone price a stone mason recently. I have 85m2 of stone and been quoted 6000k, seems high to me. Any opinion? Does anyone know the going rate at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to the prices/costs sub forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scoobymac

i have a stone mason working on my house at the moment, it is working out just under €80 a sqm.
    You really need to go a see a few jobs that they have done.
    and find out if they will work with the stone of your choice, there are ones that won't !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Quotes I have got so far are in around 70..though I did get one for just over 50/sqm but didnt like look of the work...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

I have a quote for 50/sq metre - pricing for ~80 sq metres in the midlands. Same price regardless of style. Have seen his work, very good.

Fergus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement