Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

studio monitors

• 30-04-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get good studio monitors online other than ebay? price range 80 - 100 euro.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

gazzamc wrote: »
    good studio monitors
    price range 80 - 100 euro.

it doesnt work im afraid,they wont be good for that price range.best idea would be to save a little bit more imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

seannash wrote: »
    it doesnt work im afraid,they wont be good for that price range.best idea would be to save a little bit more imo

ok no prob, i was looking at the krk rp6 rokit g2, i think would be better just to save for that. Thanks for the reply too.

ok no prob, i was looking at the krk rp6 rokit g2, i think would be better just to save for that. Thanks for the reply too.
    yeah try save for em.buy em second hand if you can.most people wouldnt be too rough with there monitors.these are for production right?

yeah try save for em.buy em second hand if you can.most people wouldnt be too rough with there monitors.these are for production right?

ok thanks for the advice.

ok thanks for the advice.
    you are gonna use em for production right?not for djing.i only ask coz some people go out and buy expensive monitors for djing which is totally unnecessary imo

• Advertisement

you are gonna use em for production right?not for djing.i only ask coz some people go out and buy expensive monitors for djing which is totally unnecessary imo

yes it is for production not djing. I'll be using them to master tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I have these, they'll set u back about €300, but imo they're worth it (though I'd be the first to admit they're a bit too loud for the apartment!)

M808%20V%20alt450.jpg

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    I have these, they'll set u back about €300, but imo they're worth it (though I'd be the first to admit they're a bit too loud for the apartment!)

M808%20V%20alt450.jpg

Those look pretty nice, hows th quality? and how big are they?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ .... except that it's like having 2 Baboon arses staring back at you :p

just kidding, I have Alesis M1 active mk2 monitors and the blue 'on lights' drill holes in my eyes and have to be covered

old gregg wrote: »
    ^ .... except that it's like having 2 Baboon arses staring back at you :p

just kidding, I have Alesis M1 active mk2 monitors and the blue 'on lights' drill holes in my eyes and have to be covered

Are they good, excluding the lights that drills holes in your eyes lol

• Advertisement

I think so, as in I've been using them for initial recording work for the last 2 months and they've been fine but then again, at that early stage of a project I'm more interested in just getting down what's in my head and it won't be for another few months till I start mixing in earnest that I'll know for sure.

They came highly recommended for the budget I had at the time and were very nicely priced at GB£238 including shipping to Waterford from Absolute Music Solutions in the UK who were super efficient. They've gone back up in price a little but still reasonable enough if ya want to check them out here.

I'm very happy with them but objectively it's too soon to say for sure.

as for the drilling blue lights ... I've noticed it becomes worse after a few glasses of Red and a spliff :p

cool tnx for the suggestion, i know about the lights i have the same prob with my mixer, it has a red and blue light and they go right through my eyes when i'mrecording ppl lol

Why does choosing monitors have to be so difficult lol I'll prob save up a bit more and then i'll have more options.

Thanks.
    old gregg wrote: »
    I think so, as in I've been using them for initial recording work for the last 2 months and they've been fine but then again, at that early stage of a project I'm more interested in just getting down what's in my head and it won't be for another few months till I start mixing in earnest that I'll know for sure.

They came highly recommended for the budget I had at the time and were very nicely priced at GB£238 including shipping to Waterford from Absolute Music Solutions in the UK who were super efficient. They've gone back up in price a little but still reasonable enough if ya want to check them out here.

I'm very happy with them but objectively it's too soon to say for sure.

as for the drilling blue lights ... I've noticed it becomes worse after a few glasses of Red and a spliff :p

no worries. waiting is a good idea and will pay off in the end. it's probably stating the obvious here but in my case I opted for good headphones while taking several years before I was comfortable enough with what I could afford being a decision I was unlikely to regret. when every bit of equipment is hard earned you tend towards conservatism ... and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope :p

best of luck

Advertisement