Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****er Stole my Bin !!!!

Options
  • 30-04-2009 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I got up late on Tuesday morning, late for work and late for the bin man. But still I tried in vain anyway (no one wants to have a smelly bin in there garden) so I brought the bin out to the kerb and ran across to the local shop to buy my bin tag only to discover that the shop was sold out of bin tags (rage). I was going to drag my bin back into the garden but as I said I was late of work already so I hoped in the car and motered off to work only to return and find that my bin was missing. Now remember the bin was full of rubbish and hadn't been collected because I had no bin tag on it but still it was missing, who the hell would steal a god dam bin that was full of rubbish !!!! What a bunch of knackers that live in Athlone :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I got up late on Tuesday morning, late for work and late for the bin man. But still I tried in vain anyway (no one wants to have a smelly bin in there garden) so I brought the bin out to the kerb and ran across to the local shop to buy my bin tag only to discover that the shop was sold out of bin tags (rage). I was going to drag my bin back into the garden but as I said I was late of work already so I hoped in the car and motered off to work only to return and find that my bin was missing. Now remember the bin was full of rubbish and hadn't been collected because I had no bin tag on it but still it was missing, who the hell would steal a god dam bin that was full of rubbish !!!! What a bunch of knackers that live in Athlone :mad:

You wanted your rubbish gone, and now its gone. Job done :P
    Maybe it was the bin wardon, yours had no tag and he thought it was a stray.

But seriously folks, did you check if a neighbour put it away somewhere to keep it off the kerb ... maybe thinking it was a sure sign that there was nobody home and so might entice a thief to go looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Perhaps the bin lorry spotted your bin on the return journey, and maybe just maybe as they were emptying it, it fell into the back of the lorry. It sometimes happens. Ring your refuse company and explain the situation to them. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

One word - Students

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

What makes you think students did it, you may as well say Accountants, teachers, or doctors, just because some students do stupid things doesn't give you the right to tar them all with the one brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Where abouts in athlone are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Sorry to hear about your missing bin op
    but that was the funniest opening thread i saw in a looong time!!
    anyway gis a tenner and ill throw it back over yer wall!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I'll sell you a good second hand bin if you like, I'll even supply one with the number of your house on it, what colour do you want, blue, green or black? :D Do you want it full or empty? Empty will cost €10 more :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

pipsqueak wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your missing bin op
    but that was the funniest opening thread i saw in a looong time!!
    anyway gis a tenner and ill throw it back over yer wall!!

Give me back my bin !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

That is so funny, Sitting here at work laughing to myself, HJope you find your bin, I have 2 at my house butits not yours:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

maidie wrote: »
    That is so funny, Sitting here at work laughing to myself, HJope you find your bin, I have 2 at my house butits not yours:D

Can I have one please :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement