Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC coming to carrick

• 30-04-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Was out at tesco (carrick) earlier and saw a sign up saying KFC are coming- anyone know when they are opening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

First I've heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭chasm

Out near carphone warehouse supposedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

great news , i am a big fan of the family bucket my self normally after 10-15 pints ,hense why i no longer consume alcohol

but its good to see another big name in our county capital, and the few new jobs that come with it aswell, i hope for all who wish to apply ,good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

I heard about it before Christmas, but assumed it had been shelved at this stage. Love the chicken, but I find the chips a bit pale and nasty. Get the chicken in KFC, buy the chips in Morelli's and pop into Apache for a pizza in case you're still hungry. Damn, now I'm hungry:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

ya i agree with you ilgatto on the chicken its nice and kfc do not have nice chips thanks for pointing that out i agree there too,

but dont forget the anchorage ,best curry chips in town, and its the longest standing chipper in town aswell,

do you know whats flynns like now ,i havent been in it in about 10-15 years since school id say,i have heard some stories didnt know wheather they were true or not, is it gone that bad or am i hearing the end of a well streched story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Saw the signs at the weekend at the round-about. You can't miss them. Red and white, both sides.
    Sorry but is it just me but how can we let Carrick cheapen so much?Seriously? Any visitors coming into carrick from the dublin direction get a disgusting first impression of Carrick. I'm from here and I love my county and I hate whats happening to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Damage is already done (see planning thread) to Carrick. KFC isn't going to do anything Supermacs hasn't done on the Sligo side, or indeed the prefabs that are Tesco/Woodies etc on the Dublin site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

yes damage has been done but that is no reason for us to bow down and accept anything in the future on the basis that a lot of damage has been done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

pog it wrote: »
    yes damage has been done but that is no reason for us to bow down and accept anything in the future on the basis that a lot of damage has been done.
    Yes we will have to make sure those fellas and lassies at our doorsteps promise us that. ;)
    What is it about KFC. Even the beans and coleslaw are good with that chicken. Doh! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭f00tball

I suppose it's something at least considering there isn't much in Leitrim.
    :(

Seems that some "high-street" stores are finally making there way there...about 20 years too late. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement