Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo and fishing boats

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyones knows how all the Volvo activities will affect tourist fishing boat trips and the ferry to Aran from the docks? Specifically the 30th May.

Appreciate any info.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Best thing to do is probably to ring the ferry company and the companies who run the fishing trips? I am sure they have actively liased with the Harbour board on this, and will be able to give you the correct answer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The ferry that departs to the Aran Islands from the docks is commercial only, no passengers, so won't affect you. The 'lay-by' of the Docks, where the Aran boat moors won't be affected by the Volvo, as far as I know.

I do hope that they clean up the lay-by, powerhose the walls and put in some floating pontoons, as this area will be used for the 'water taxi' for ferrying us snobs to our leisure boats which will be moored on the moorings just off the docks :pac:

Advertisement