Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90Si - Power Shower

• 30-04-2009 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi Guys...Im new here so hope this is in the correct section.

I currently have a Triton T90Si shower installed. I know this is a power shower but how can i be sure it is connected to the tank?

Secondly i want/need to install a second shower (hopefully a power shower).

If my current T90Si is a power shower, is it still possible to install a second power shower?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Guys...Im new here so hope this is in the correct section.

I currently have a Triton T90Si shower installed. I know this is a power shower but how can i be sure it is connected to the tank?

Secondly i want/need to install a second shower (hopefully a power shower).

If my current T90Si is a power shower, is it still possible to install a second power shower?

If its a Triton T90 its not a power shower its a pumped electric shower, Just to help with the termonology, You cannot fit 2 pumped electric showers in ahouse together without a special switch( I forget the name of it) as they cannot work together. The draw will be to much on your ESB unit.

You can fit a power shower though with a triton T90. Just for your info here is the workings....

Pumped Electric Shower: Heats and Pumps water, Feeds from the tank in the attic. Will heat water on demand. Eg: Trition T90, Mira Elite 2

Power Shower: Pumps stored hot water in your cylider, Plumbed into the tank in the hot press and attic, Will only pump stored hot water, Eg: Aquastream Power shower

Electric Shower: Heats water only, will not pump it, relies on main pressure, Cold from main fed. Not rec in Dublin or galway!! Eg Triton T80

and for all you comedians who keep telling me and plumbers that argos sells cheaper showers. They are Electric showers and as you can see are a pce of [EMAIL="sh@t"]sh@t[/EMAIL] if you live in Dublin or galway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Cheers Joey,

Its a Triton T90si pumped electric shower then.

Any idea what the cost of installing a second one with that switch would be?

Any idea suggestions shops/online i could get another Triton T90si from myself?

Cheers Joey,

Its a Triton T90si pumped electric shower then.

Any idea what the cost of installing a second one with that switch would be?

Any idea suggestions shops/online i could get another Triton T90si from myself?

It varies between electricians and plumbers but tbh a good plumber will do all the work including the wiring to the board. There is a fellow in balbriggan I used his name is Ray Darling his no is 0879505130 He is not doing it as much now but he will give you his fitters number.

the adverage price for the supply and fit is 650-750

The switch may have to be done by an electrician so you are looking at 800 to 1000 cause he will want the fitting of the shower cable as well. You get the jist. Price around they will know what you mean

Its none of my business but I guarantee even if you have kids you will not need 2 pumped electric shouwers. I am guessing your renting the rooms in which case you will get rows about the switch. It always happens. Or it might be you have not got pipe access.

Consider the powershower and pumped electric its the option in 95% of cases,

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Well heres the thing.

I already have the Triton T90si installed for my own use.

I just want a second shower installed for guest etc.

The showers wont be used at the same time.

I wouldnt really have much hot water in the cyclinder. I only use it when required.

Thats why im thinking the 2 electric pumped showers would be the way to go.

Would you agree?

Well heres the thing.

I already have the Triton T90si installed for my own use.

I just want a second shower installed for guest etc.

The showers wont be used at the same time.

I wouldnt really have much hot water in the cyclinder. I only use it when required.

Thats why im thinking the 2 electric pumped showers would be the way to go.

Would you agree?

No, guests are planned(Generally) you can set the immersion or heater to come on early and heat the tank. A cheaper and better way would be a power shower. That same chap I told you about also supplies them. I cant remember the model but he does one with a snooze button. Its great if the gravity is good in your house cause its quiter( especially if its you and the moth and the kids are in bed- sorry could not resist!)

How it works is if you press the snooze button when on it cuts down the pump and this does not make it as lowd

If you want to impress the guests get an aquastream. Its the BMW of showers. But its WAY overpriced.

The power shower is provided access to pipes etc can be got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

I have one of these showers the past few years they are an amazing reliable shower though they can randomly pump out very hot water or very cold water during the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Recently done up our bathroom. Had considered putting in a power shower, but decided against it as was worried about running out of hot water (there are one or two in the house who like taking 20 minute showers). So decided to go for a T90, think the model was a T90z (pumped electric). But since the bathroom has been completed, I've been disappointed with the pressure. We had more power before the renovation, when we just had a mixer shower drawing directly from the hot water tank. How is this possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Check the service valve is fully open and for air still trapped in the pump, or just a dirty filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

chris2008x wrote: »
    I have one of these showers the past few years they are an amazing reliable shower though they can randomly pump out very hot water or very cold water during the shower.

Hi I must agree with Chris I put a second shower in and I experienced a big temperature difference in the new shower very hot or cold, it may be the plumbing.It needs a special switch so you can only use one shower at a time there is no other option for a second electric shower in a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just for your info Interesting101,

We have had two Triton T90si showers in our house for 10 years now... one in the master bedroom en-suite and one in the guest room en-suite, both fed off the same tank with only one problem in all that time. (had to replace plastic cup unit on motor unit due to ice expansion during the very cold winter couple of years back).

They are connected to an ABB switcher module in the fuse box in our utility room... so if i am having a shower in the master room... it cuts the power to guest room shower and visa versa - never been a major inconvenience... but sometimes you might have to wait until the guest has finished their shower before you can have one as my power to the master shower will be cut off by module until they switch their shower off! :D

Perfect setup for us.

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Just for your info Interesting101,

We have had two Triton T90si showers in our house for 10 years now... one in the master bedroom en-suite and one in the guest room en-suite, both fed off the same tank with only one problem in all that time. (had to replace plastic cup unit on motor unit due to ice expansion during the very cold winter couple of years back).

They are connected to an ABB switcher module in the fuse box in our utility room... so if i am having a shower in the master room... it cuts the power to guest room shower and visa versa - never been a major inconvenience... but sometimes you might have to wait until the guest has finished their shower before you can have one as my power to the master shower will be cut off by module until they switch their shower off! :D

Perfect setup for us.

This is why eleectricians are suppose to wire them they would fit this. Its called a priority switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

This is why eleectricians are suppose to wire them they would fit this. Its called a priority switch.

Thank you Joey... couldnt think of the name of it... and it was an electrician who fitted it when the house was being built originally.

Advertisement