Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anaemia

• 30-04-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Have very bad anaemia, the doctors wondered how I was still standing.
    I'm taking iron tablets and have improved my diet and am resting as much as I can.
    But for the past week I've had pains in my heart on and off and my left arm has felt a bit heavy and a bit sore. My chest and abdomen feel tender to the touch. The night before last my lung hurt to breath.
    Has anyone ever had symptoms like this while being treated? I mean are these anything to worry about, before I run to my doctor? I'm due back at the hospital for a check up in just over a week. Thanks all.

Comments

That sounds like more than enough reason to go running to the doctor chickie.
    Definitely doesnt sound like the desired effect of iron tablets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kdak

yeh id recommend you see a docor.
    but its worth pointing out that you should take your iron with oj as it contains vitimin c which aids its absorption. and dont drink tea or coffee afterwards as it will have the oposite effect.
    also it may cause stomach upset as its quite 'heavy' so if it does take it with your dinner!

Advertisement