Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing discs from Amazone spreader

• 30-04-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here removed the discs from an Amazone spreader? I have an old ZAF-402 sitting idle for a few years (It was retired when the keypiece from the PTO shaft removed itself and fell into the gearbox) , so I decided to attack it Tuesday evening when it was raining. I need to get the discs off to access the cover on top of the gearbox. Anyway, I managed to get the hopper off by cutting around the stirrers with a mini-grinder. It needs a new section welded in around there anyway, so it didn't bother me to damage it a small bit.
    However, I am now left with the discs and stirrers above the gearbox and can't for the life of me see how they're removed. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Best Of luck with that one!!!!

I did a big job on our spreader about two years ago - needs another overhaul again!! F$$k sake

Anyway when I got to that phase I ran into a wall as well. I think they are sweated on, due to angular velocity etc etc. For a finish I welded on 1" box section to two sides of the collars and one across the top, then tryed to get it off with a jack against the shaft - home made pullers if ya get me. In the end I had to stop for fear of bending the shaft or busting the gear box - they never moved a inch.

My advice is leave well enough alone. Failing that you will need heat I reckon - but that could well destroy the seals in the gearbox.

Let us know how you get on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Have a look at the article on the link shown below , it is of an Amazone spreader rebuild covered by profi magazine a few years ago, you can download the full article for £2.

http://archiv.lv-h.de/servlet/Controller;jsessionid=0E7A25C8E943A8E0CCCBC2C967550962?actionClass=lv.ais.oidnew.actions.SearchDetailAction&sw_id=85420

You might have to press the Ctrl key while you click on the link to make it work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

cant seem to open that one, what forum - if any is it from?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Hi , Yes that link apears to have stopped working, It is a link to an article about an amazone spreader rebuild in profi magazine profi.com
    If you go on the site and search the old article archive for amazone, then scoll trough the list for workshop project

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

From experience I reckon youd be far better off trying to find a good second hand machine. Those spreaders can be a money pit when you start delving into them. As someone else said the repairs probably wont last.

Just my 2 cents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement