Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, May 1

• 30-04-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

1 May 2009 Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Dundalk Dalymount Park
    1 May 2009 Cork City 7:45 Sligo Rovers Turner's Cross
    1 May 2009 Drogheda United 7:45 Derry City United Park
    1 May 2009 Galway United 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic Terryland Park
    1 May 2009 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Bray Wanderers Tallaght Stadium

Mr Connor's return to Dalymount should be really interesting... We should beat them: time to start turning more chances into goals.

head_logo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

And for your First division fans.....

1st May 19:45

Sporting Fingal Vs Limerick FC
    UCD Vs Longford Town

1st May 20:00

Finn harps Vs Shelbourne

2nd May 15:00

Waterford Utd Vs Mervue Utd

2nd May 19:30

Kildare County Vs Wexford Youths

2nd May 20:00

Athlone Town Vs Monaghan Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I fear another defeat away to UCD. Need a draw to try stop the rot... Good job Kildare are so poor because we would easily be down there otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I fear another defeat away to UCD.

Do us a favour please. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

SectionF wrote: »

Mr Connor's return to Dalymount should be really interesting... We should beat them: time to start turning more chances into goals.

I think if fenlon should have a talk with glen about his aul big mac habits.

Then he might get on to the end of one of them chances.

Is it just me or is belly growing at alarming rate.

I don't think I took my eyes of it for 90 mins against bray I was just hypnotized

Glen called me a bad word once :( He may have been well justified to do so however :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

ntlbell wrote: »

People have said that about Crowe for about five years. If anyone's belly needs watching, I'm sure it's Chris Turner and Liam Burns', both of whom ballooned under Connor.

Anyway, Glen played ok against Bray. It was mostly Byrne who needed to be six inches closer on his runs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Haven't beaten Bray in aages, so it would be nice if that could be changed like last week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ntlbell wrote: »
    I think if fenlon should have a talk with glen about his aul big mac habits.

Then he might get on to the end of one of them chances.

I don't think I took my eyes of it for 90 mins against bray I was just hypnotized

he's up the duff !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Waterford United should continue their recent run of fine form at home to Mervue....I'm going to go for a 2-0 win with Willie John Kiely and Cummins scoring again(10 between them in their last 4 games!)

See we're missing Ndo and Deegan. Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SectionF wrote: »
    See we're missing Ndo and Deegan. Not good.

Ndo has played for games for you this season than us in the last last 2 :eek: Deegan starts ?

Harps shels called off, too much stones and sand on the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

galway 1-0 pats gary breen 5th min

Shels match was called off in Balleybofey because there are rocks on the pitch.

What. The. Fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't think Jeff Kenna had a good night in Galway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

think i'll back one nil for the rest of the cork city games, i'll surely make a profit..

boring game, a few chances, three points in the bag.

it's not pretty football by any means.

it is winning football.

but i was bored off my tits.

four goals for glen crowe :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Roar wrote: »

four goals for glen crowe :eek:

Nope, Jayo Byrne with 4, Crowe with 1 and the MOTM award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

What. The. Fúck?

Absolute disgrace, we have to be given the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What. The. Fúck?

The thing that makes it worse is that it was called off 30 mins before kick-off, with all the players in the ground and the supporters bus 10 mins from the ground.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers 0-1 Bray

Inept Rovers performance outclassed by a determined, fighting Bray side. Bray took pretty much their only chance and would hold until next May the way the sides were playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The thing that makes it worse is that it was called off 30 mins before kick-off, with all the players in the ground and the supporters bus 10 mins from the ground.:rolleyes:

Thats a terrible decision. Does anyone know the real story behind all this? Story about stones on the pitch seems strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers 0-1 Bray

Inept Rovers performance outclassed by a determined, fighting Bray side. Bray took pretty much their only chance and would hold until next May the way the sides were playing.

Poor poor performance by Rovers, barely created a chance Was impressed with Bray though especially down the left, tricky little winger and a decent left full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Thats a terrible decision. Does anyone know the real story behind all this? Story about stones on the pitch seems strange.

Terrible decision isn't the word to describe it, luckily we happened to find out and there was an offo in the garage with stopped at.:pac:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0501/finnharps_shelbourne.html "Harps officials spiked 80 tonnes of sand into the pitch."

Good job its only a twenty minute drive to Finn Harps from Dublin... pure joke to call it off from what I have read. An awful long journey for nothing.

Another loss last night to UCD 3-1 and another sending off, nearly averaging one a game...

Going to be a loong season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Good job its only a twenty minute drive to Finn Harps from Dublin... pure joke to call it off from what I have read. An awful long journey for nothing.

How was it a joke? The ref deemed the pitch unsafe so called it off to avoid players potentially getting injured.

The joke seems to be Finn Harps maintanence of their pitch and no doubt the FAI will let them off lightly and it means some other club in the not too distant future will suffer the pain in the ars that we did last night. :mad:

They did on purpose, imo.

For a start, Conor Gethins was out innjured, as were two other of their "starting XI".

Of course, this can't be proved, the cheating feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Highly doubt it, but they must be held responsible for not having their pitch in order.

bohsman wrote: »
    Nope, Jayo Byrne with 4, Crowe with 1 and the MOTM award.
    Should have been six, of course. But we won't dwell on that. :pac:

Advertisement