Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win2K Terminal Server under VMWare

• 30-04-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

I currently have an IBM xSeries Server running Windows 2000 Server in Terminal Server mode which is used by off-source DBA.

I'm hoping to move it to off the old Server and into our VMWare ESX cluster.
    Has anybody here had any experiences with running a Win2K Term Server under ESX?

What are the possible pitfalls and/or issues?
    Is there any white papers or best practise guide {I've tried searching but can only fine some on very old pre-ESX systems}

There is going to be ~10-30 users running every version of Oracle you can think on this box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Hi BOFH,

We have seem some substantial performance loss on Vmware with Terminal services with our customers, drop me a mail cryos@hp.com ill try give you as much possible Public Documentation as i can.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

We tested W2K3 TS/Citrix servers on ESX before. Basically they ran like a dog. You could always try XenServer (free download) which has a check box to optimise for XenApp. We run 15 XenApp servers on XenServer and it runs like a dream. Never tested TS alone, but it might be worth investigating for you?

Advertisement