Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN bit error rate

Options
  • 30-04-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how to see the ISDN bit error rate using the eircom NT1+ box? Have "high-speed" and out of curiosity would like to check it. There is nothing in the manual for the nt1 box.

/Zith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Is the bit error rate not displayed in the connection status in the OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Dardania wrote: »
    Is the bit error rate not displayed in the connection status in the OS?

Nope, any error rate the OS is telling me would be between the NT1 and the PC not on the incoming line if you see what I mean. I want to see the errors (if any) that the NT1 is seeing on the line to the exchange. It would be the equivalent of logging into a DSL router to get the statistics from it. I want to 'log into' the NT1 to get its own statistics if such a thing is possible.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Not sure if this will help but I use a Draytek miniVigor 128 and the software allows me to log all modem to ISDN line data but again perhaps not want you want and you'd have to find a way of pulling any logged errors out of the data.

Advertisement