Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 34 INCLUDING EL CLASICO

• 30-04-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

R Madrid v Barcelona
    Villarreal v Sevilla
    Mallorca v Getafe
    Osasuna v Recreativo
    Deportivo v Valladolid
    Numancia v Málaga
    Racing v Almería
    Sporting v Athletic Bilbao
    Betis v Atlético Madrid
    Espanyol v Valencia

First game of the weekend is one of the all time huge Clasicos. Quite simply, Real need to win this, as a Barca win at this stage would all but seal thier first title in 3 years. Madrid are in incredible form, title winning form, having won 16 of their last 17 in the league. Barca are not exactly playing poorly, but fatigue could be an issue given the Chelsea game the other day, and the impending return leg might mean they are not 100% focussed. That being said, how any Barca player could not be 100% focussed for this would be a mystery. For soem reason I see Barca taking this 0-2

Villareal V Sevilla is another 6 pointer for the CL spots. Seville have lost their last 4 on the spin and not won in 6, and I cannot see this being any differnt, so Villareal to take the win.

Valencia to halt Espanyols great run. Osasuna to further doon Recre, Mallorca to beat, now managerless, Getafe, and Malaga to all but relegate Numancia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Really looking forward to El Clasico - should be fascinating. Barca while not quite being off-form, they havnt been themselves in their last 2 matches and a bad result on Sat is all they need entering the twilight period of the season where trophies are won and lost. Madrid, as has been said are on fire - 16 of the last 17 won is awesome form. It is set-up perfectly for what could be a classic. What a Saturday coming up - 2000 Guineas, Heineken Cup semi and then El Clasico - nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

gimmick wrote: »
    won 16 of their last 17 in the league.
    Jesus, I know I kind of knew that's what it was... but... seeing it written so plainly... wow. Scary thing is that Ramos might not even get the job.
    Valencia to halt Espanyols great run
    Ah in fairness though Valencia are on a serious run themselves, I've been really impressed watching them put off-pitch stuff aside and put themselves smack bang in the CL race again.
    Warper wrote:
    What a Saturday coming up - 2000 Guineas, Heineken Cup semi and then El Clasico - nice.
    I'll probably skip the racing for a stream of the Arsenal match but some weekend alright... don't forget the hurling league finals and the snooker too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

it's 17 wins and 1 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

kinaldo wrote: »
    it's 17 wins and 1 draw

and it will be all for nothing if they dont win on saturday.

Barca went 19 wins and 3 draws from 22 matches in la liga from 13th Sept to 21st February.

redout wrote: »
    and it will be all for nothing if they dont win on saturday.
    as will very likely be Barca's entire record breaking season if they lose on Saturday and then fail to breakdown Chelsea once again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems Robben is available for selection. Personally I am happy with this, as he was probably rushed back from injury again and will need to be sbbed early on.

That being said, the above will probably come back to bite me....

Breaking news is that Henry is a major doubt.

Carrying an injury from the Chelsea game.

kinaldo wrote: »
    as will very likely be Barca's entire record breaking season if they lose on Saturday and then fail to breakdown Chelsea once again.

Ah come on now. Win, lose or draw Barca still remain in the driving seat. Real also have the harder run in dont they ?

Barca will be top, but I am not sure will they be in the driving seat. Nerves could well become a factor, as Real look pretty much unbeatable at the moment. Thats not to say they have been playing especially nice football, but they have gathered the points coldly and consisstently. I cannot see them dropping points again this season if they beat Barca.

gimmick wrote: »
    Barca will be top, but I am not sure will they be in the driving seat. Nerves could well become a factor, as Real look pretty much unbeatable at the moment. Thats not to say they have been playing especially nice football, but they have gathered the points coldly and consisstently. I cannot see them dropping points again this season if they beat Barca.

But they havent played a quality team at the level of Barca in that run. In fact the only top side they played hammered them 4-0 didnt they ? I cant see a Real victory. I'll go with either a draw or Barca win.

• Advertisement

I know that, but the same could be argued of Barca - have they played any top quality opposition aside from Chelsea this season?

Real are in the habit of winning. I am trying to be optimistic for tomorrow, i really am. But everytime I think of the game I get a sick feeling that it just is not going to happen tmr.

1-2 Barca :)

Ok but the big difference is that Real were outplayed by Liverpool and looked lost.

Barca on the other hand dominated Chelsea and didnt look out of their depth.

I am confident Barca are going to win la liga and knock Chelsea out.

The thing is Chelsea cant put nine men behind the ball at Stamford bridge and thats going to play into Barca's hand I reckon. Once they get one the tie will be over as Chelsea will then go all out for two goals and Barca should rip them to shreds at the back.

Real's aggregate scoreline (0-6) against Liverpool this season is not too dissimilar to that of the reigning World, European and Premiership champions, Manyoo (2-6), in that they both conceeded 6 goals and didn't play well at all.

So I wouldn't base anything on two poor games against the mighty Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Should be mouthwatering.
    I hope Barca stuff Real.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

All the best with that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Might be able to find out here... at my wits end trying to find it.

What matches are on what days next weekend? Has it been decided yet?

Barca lineup:

Valdes,
    Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal
    Iniesta, Toure, Xavi
    Messi, Eto'o, Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

your mad

iv gone for a draw anyway

really looking forward to EL CLASICO

Real Madrid lineup:

Casillas,
    Ramos, Metzelder, Cannavaro, Heinze
    Robben, Diarra, Marcelo, Gago
    Raúl, Higuaín

• Advertisement

Have to mention the tv coverage here is as biased as fuk. Been on 50mins now and its all been Real Madrid ! One 30 second interview with Alves and thats all there has been on Barca.The rest has all been Real Madrid clips and discussion ! Fuking establishment my arse. Thank christ Sky are about to start.

EL CLASICO ftw

great match so far

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

2-1 to barca now

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

Its on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

its looking like its gonna be 8-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So we allowed discuss scores?

LoL

2-1

PUYOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

1-1 good game to watch Henry with equaliser

my stream must be slow :) 2-1

gone for a 3-3

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    So we allowed discuss scores?

what do you mean ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

good God, that was an awesome move.

iniesta i think it was, should have shot though.

would have been gorgeous.

game over

barca going to destroy R.Madrid now

Goal............

Game over

3-1

Messi

Campeones la liga

wonder will some of the big guns be taken off early to save them for chelsea return leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Wow. Once again Im more and more impressed by Xavi and Iniesta. I dont watch la Liga enough but them boys are brilliant.

Also, I think its such a waste having Diarra in a team of absolut wasters. They just don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Anyone got an online link, the one i was using just went down...

Barca have been amazing, quite surprised the bookies called this one straight down the middle

This is why Chelsea had 9 defenders.

Stand toe to toe with Barca at your own peril.

any chance for real madrid to come back I wonder

Backed 4-4 at 500/1.

jebus that bet is looking good

what a game

LoL

Real think there back in it

then BooM !

4-2

Titi

• Advertisement

El Clasico indeed !

great stuff to watch

Chelsea beware........

Toe to toe and you die.

5 - 2

Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

What a turn by Xavi for the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Hehe, the commentator on my stream, 'Barcelona, look at that, they are taking the piss', Real are shocking though.

well done former man utd man Pique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

That co commentator from Britian is shocking on GolTv

"The Frenchie"

"put to bed with 5 hot water bottles"

First time i heard him i thought he was funny but joke wore
    thin fair sharpish

I think he has called Xavi, Messi and Inestia the best player in the world at various times during the game

How is he employed?
    Yanks cant think he actually knows what he is talking about?
    Bluffing like mad! Commentator is doing the Co Commentary as well as the commentaty and the British lad cuts accross him with odd moments of madness in some language that sounds like English "That went thru the blender into the onion bag of victory":rolleyes::p

chelsea could be in big trouble

Humiliation for Real.

First time in 158 Clasico's the away side has scored six !

Pique goal was Barca's 100 in la liga this season.

FC Barca - campions 2008/2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't care how bad that Madrid team is, beating them twice this season is huge. Pique was immense. That was a seriously focused Barca team, there was never going to be a question of them being too tired for this one.

Valencia to do Madrid next weekend please and Barca to beat Villarreal at home, let's put the league to bed please.

That was about humiliating Real Madrid the way they humilated Barca in the Bernabeu last season. LOVE IT!

madrid will have to do some serious buying in summer to get anywhere near that barca side

• Advertisement
Advertisement