Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 34 INCLUDING EL CLASICO

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Barca were pure class. Ramos is the worst right full in the history of mankind. It's hilarious he can get his game for a club like Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Good lord what an injustice it would have been if Real deprived that Barca team of the title, it was something of a minor miracle they were even still in contention but that was probably what lead to the emphaticness of Barcas win...:)

Who's the best mid fielder in the world, Xavi or Inestia, I really can't decide...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

John Giles wrote: »
    chelsea could be in big trouble

There won't be any comparison between this game and the game on Wednesday. Chelsea can defend for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

That was incredible. I really, really, would have loved for Real to win a 3rd liga in a row, but fair play to Barca, they have well and truly conquered Madrid this season. After what happened last season makes it all the more remarkable. Barca will win the treble this season, no team will stop them. Now they can finally take their foot off the pedal in the league to allow players a rest.

Respect to Pep Guardiola, scoring 100 league goals and 6 at the Bernabeu is a phenomenal achievement. His footballing philosophy is something teams like Chelsea could look at. It must be said though that he is very lucky to have 3 of the best players in the world at his disposal in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

As for Madrid, I hope Ramos gets a shot next season. I don't know how they're gonna catch Barca, injuries perhaps, but as we've seen this season the balance of power can swing just like that. Tonight's humiliation will hopefully lead to a new regime that ensures what happened tonight can never happen again.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Barca were pure class. Ramos is the worst right full in the history of mankind. It's hilarious he can get his game for a club like Madrid.
    He gets in the Spanish national team as well and would probably get in the Barca team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

m@cc@ wrote: »
    There won't be any comparison between this game and the game on Wednesday. Chelsea can defend for starters.

ahh but chelsea have to come out and attack

John Giles wrote: »
    ahh but chelsea have to come out and attack

They don't have to do anything. Could try to play the same way again and take their chances on penalties.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Chelsea will be looking to keep it tight and squeeze one in from a set piece I'd say, they won't be opening themselves up unless they concede one.

Barca will have so much confidence now, they've just officially unoffically regained la liga at the lions' den. There's no way they won't find a way past Cech and co.

If Chelsea can get hold of the ball at all, I suspect they will still need at least 3 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They don't have to do anything. Could try to play the same way again and take their chances on penalties.

good point

i highly doubt chelsea can hold out this time

my money is on barca but drogba will be very dangerous, if utd do win, I really hope chelsea win

kinaldo wrote: »
    If Chelsea can get the ball at all the will still need at least 3 goals.

If Barca score 2, I'm assuming you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

For the sake of attacking football and a good final I hope Barca progress against Chelsea. I didn't see tonight's game but that's an absolute annihilation for a home side.

If Barca score 2, I'm assuming you mean?

I edited my post there, makes more sense now but yes I think they will need at least 3 for obvious reasons

Barca were amazing but they wont beat Chelsea imo.

They wont get that time on the ball against them plus they will be up against proper defenders. Madrid are a mid table premiership team at best

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Madrid are a mid table premiership team at best
    Look at their players, and then results, over the last 3 seasons, compare to the mid-table Premiershis sides, and try saying that with a straight face.

To say that is also disrespectful to a wonderful Barcelona side. Madrid to their credit at least pushed them this far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He gets in the Spanish national team as well and would probably get in the Barca team.

Not at RB he wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Ramos is the worst right full in the history of mankind.
    He really really isn't - he was just pants tonight.

But I think it's better that we don't start judging everyone by how poorly they do against the combo of an in-form Henry and an in-form Iniesta, don't you?
    rarnes1 wrote:
    They wont get that time on the ball against them plus they will be up against proper defenders. Madrid are a mid table premiership team at best
    The first part of this is spot on. The rest is just so far off it's unreal (even apart from the fact that it's a ridiculous comparison to even try to make in the first place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Why do you think this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It was beautiful to watch.

Beautiful indeed. Barca fans have been spoilt this season. 148 goals and still counting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

+1 for talking sh!te...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I was at the Barca v Chelsea match on tuesday night and whilst the Barca I saw played well and Chelsea defended in numbers Barca's performance tonight was at another level altogether. Thought Henry was immense and gave Ramos a tough time. Hope he will be ok for the Chelsea game as they had the ice-pack wrapped to his knee when he came off. Tonight was a lesson for aspiring youngsters of how to play the beautiful game. A true masterclass on show. Credit to Real for pushing it this far. Any team who can earn 52 points from 54 I will tip my hat at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As I was saying beforehand, when Barcelona were given the chances that Kun Aguero and Forlan earlier & Casquero last week like when Diarra lost the ball tonight, Messi punished it, Pique punished it, Henry punished it. Real have been making those mistakes all season, but this Barcelona side will punish them.

I don't mind as much about Chelsea as much now. Barcelona are the best team in Europe and now that the league is over, they can really go at it on Wednesday whether successful or not:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thats why they call it the Beautiful game....amazing stuff from Barca. For me it really overshadowed a certain game at Croker today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

At right full ahead of Dani Alves, not a hope. At centre half, not seeing him getting in ahead of Pique or Puyol. He's quite a poor defender and his disciplinary record is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

capt.dd62b231e160430195b2635f9fbea3a8.spain_soccer_la_liga_vc107.jpg

capt.d898e8faef134635a23db95c4b19a282.spain_soccer_la_liga_vc104.jpg

95d01434012cb1414c68c76d8fd8b15e-getty-fbl-esp-real_madrid-barcelona.jpg

18e5e109a3645c699c4b210653d4aad8-getty-fbl-esp-real_madrid-barcelona.jpg

360d22eb604aeebb75bc01ee84dd3e3b-getty-fbl-esp-real_madrid-barcelona.jpg

jplaporta0205090.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

eZe^ wrote: »

95d01434012cb1414c68c76d8fd8b15e-getty-fbl-esp-real_madrid-barcelona.jpg

Victor Valdes has done well for himself since getting out of prison with Michael Schofield in Prison Break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Real Madrid really missed Pepe last night. Cannavaro seems to just go to pieces when he isn't partnered by him, and last night was no exception.

I really am failing to see what people see in Diarra, or Lass, or whatever you call him. Didn't see anything but a lot of huff and puff and a cheap goal that he gave away.

I'm not the greatest fan of Sergio Ramos, but he was actually ok last night. He did do well getting forward, even if is completely hopeless at defending.

Heinze had another terrible game, Fergie must be laughing his cacks off at turning a profit on him.

As for Barca, I'm surprised that no one is raving about the real star of the match, Thierry Henry! What a performance! It really took me back to his old Arsenal days before his head swelled.

Pique also had a fine game. It's going to be tough trying to contain Drogba next week, so he'll need all the confidence he can get

Xavi was hands down the best player on that pitch yesterday. He had three people running at him EVERYTIME he had the ball, but managed to make space for himself everytime. It was amazing watching how he used body feints and intelligent turns to fool Gago/ Diarra/ Metzelder...

Pique was amazing too, great value at 6m euro, he'll take over the mantle from Puyol in both Barca and the Spanish national team nicely I reckon. Top quality stuff, future is bright for him as he is still a newbie learning his trade....

Henry was utter class, but that was more to do with the face he didn't get pressured as much as Xavi/ Iniesta/ Messi... He always had space on the left, and only had Sergio Ramos to beat, Ramos made it easy for him by diving in too early.

Iniesta was excellent too, I just love how understated his dribbling and close control ability seems to be, he is probably the 2nd best player in the world with the ball at his feet. It seems impossible to get the ball off him. He needs to have more confidence in himself, once he had a lovely opportunity buy layed it off to Messi, and another time he decided to go on the outside instead of trying to work Casillas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

eZe^ wrote: »
    He needs to have more confidence in himself, once he had a lovely opportunity buy layed it off to Messi
    I'm sure I've seen him do that a couple of times in recent weeks too - either he's been hanging round with Alex Hleb too much or he's got a bet on Messi to be Pichichi :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I don't think it's lack of confidence so much as sublime vision, Messi had an easier chance than he did so passing it was the right play, just a pity Messi missed. He certainly doesn't play like a player who doesn't have confidence in his own ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not going to go too far into it now, but that was total annihilation. Best display I have ever seen from any team. Watched in a Spanish pub in London. The Madridistas were not best pleased when at 4-2 I started the chant of "Mardrid, Cabron, Saluta CAPEON" :)

gimmick wrote: »
    The Madridistas were not best pleased when at 4-2 I started the chant of "Mardrid, Cabron, Saluta CAPEON" :)
    Why would you do that? Unless you're trying to incite a riot...

Lads, close this thread, seriously, only smart people with more than half a brain can see that Barca winning was all to do with Madrid being sh*t and not Barca being good. This was a result that only goes to show Madrid being crap at the back.

NO BARCA FAN CELEBRATE OK! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BOOZE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

gimmick wrote: »
    Not going to go too far into it now, but that was total annihilation. Best display I have ever seen from any team. Watched in a Spanish pub in London. The Madridistas were not best pleased when at 4-2 I started the chant of "Mardrid, Cabron, Saluta CAPEON" :)

If I was to shout that out my apartment window I would give it about 2mins before I was bricked !

I have a cafeteria downstairs in my building and get to hear to full emotions of every Madridista packed into the bar down below during the games. Suffice to say they went mental when Higuain scored. Fireworks and airhorns going off although that was quickly suppressed about 3mins later when Titi scored.

Lolz..

128859381086023042.jpg

Advertisement