Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Service in South Co Dublin

• 30-04-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys!

Can anyone recommend a good honest mechanic in South Co. Dublin that services cars?

Cheers

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What car?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Peaugot 206 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Richard, Pembroke Motors, Baggot lane - 6685031.

Honest, able and fair prices.

Is he in Ranlagh?

It really would have to be in South Co Dub, Id need to be nearby to pick/drop off my son to school and maybe drag him along when I need to pick the car up.

Sorry to be a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Baggot lane is just of Baggot street. 10 mins walk from Ranelagh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I used to get my car serviced in Sandford Garage, on Sandford Road.
    ( in between Ranelagh and Clonskeagh )

Posted the details here before and someone else was happy with them.

Link to previous post recommending Sandford garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

gary doyle, chelmsford motors in ranelagh, top guy, usually does bmws but he serviced my gfs 206 aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

If the Churchtown area is suitable, I would suggest Winton motors on Landscape road.

I have been going there for the past four years and received good service.
    (What persuaded me was when I had a small problem with the car with a switch/warning light, I took it to him to get fixed and as it was around due for a service (based on time from last service, but not mileage), I said he may as well do a service too, but after I dropped in the car, he contacted me confirming the issue with the switch saying he had a look and the car did not require servicing at that stage and I would be as well holding on a while before getting the service done. So he got my business from then on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Try Ger Perry 01 - 4946455. He iss based in Ballycullen, Dublin 16 if that helps.

None of those garages suit :(

The guy I went to ealier int he year charges is about 250 a service..is this about right?

(Problem I went to him was baout was my suspension was hanging off - totally unrelated, but he seems good...just high price for the service!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Can you be more specific on what part of South Co. Dublin does suit? It will probably help with the recommendations

Dun Laoghaire area preferably :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ed up in DMS on tivoli road (just by the vet hospital) 012845952, brilliant guy and straight on the level

Thanks amil for all the replies...will give Ed a call :D

Advertisement