Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

we could all do with a good holiday

• 30-04-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

thought id let ye know of a good deal

heading to Lake Garda in May for a week
    Ryanair flight to Bergamo 48 euro at the moment
    Staying in Camp Bella Italia (google it) for the week
    Self catering apartment costing 340 euro total, sleeps 6 !
    The camp site looks good, right on the lake, loads of pools,resturants, bars
    10 min walk into the town Pescheria, where you can get taxi boats to locations all around the lake.
    Gardaland 10 mins away, free bus provided. 35 euro to get in (yikes !) but some amazing stuff in their for all.

Im bringing the family of 5 for less than €900 (flights, transfers & accomm )

Spain last year cost me 2200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

alibabba wrote: »

10 min walk into the town Pescheria, where you can get taxi boats to locations all around the lake.
    Gardaland 10 mins away, free bus provided. 35 euro to get in (yikes !) but some amazing stuff in their for all.

Nice. Will look at something like that next year. I've been doing do-it-yourself holidays for years and always get a week away somewhere very nice for 4 of us for approx. 1k including flights accommodation and car hire - going off peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Staying in Camp Bella Italia

Stayed at the same place last year. Fantastic site and beautiful area. Great BA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Thats a fantastic offer Alibabba!

I stayed in Camp Bella Italia about 6years ago and I've recommended
    it to alot of People. Make sure to try the Ice Cream they sell on site!

By the way Gardaland is definitely worth the 35euro in, great for any
    age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I only happened to come across this place by chance !
    My brother is getting married there so I had to look for somewhere to stay.
    Everyone that I tell about the place and price cant get over the bargain price.

a family of four can get accomm in self catering for 280 euro total for a week
    now of course the price will go up during the peak summer months when the kids are off

BTW : if any of ye stayed in the apartments, how are they kitted out ?
    Irons, kettles, hairdryers ? No info about this on website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Was there about 6 years ago also. Loved it! Went up the mountain nearby, most amazing views on a clear day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 MargeS22

I don't see any flights to Bergamo on the Ryanair website. I see flights to Bologna. Good Bargain all the same. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

For anyone heading to Spain or Portugal DIY Auriga Crown offers great value car hire we had a brand new Golf TDI hired from Girona Spain at Easter it was €130 for 6 days + €55 diesel + €30 for two child car seats.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

MargeS22 wrote: »
    I don't see any flights to Bergamo on the Ryanair website. I see flights to Bologna. Good Bargain all the same. Thanks OP

Bergamo is a Milan airport.

So Milan (Bergamo)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 MargeS22

enda1 wrote: »
    Bergamo is a Milan airport.

So Milan (Bergamo)!

Sorry Duh I never saw that. I should have known Milan wasn't in Milan City.

YA, BGY is about a 40 min drive to Camp Bella/Pescheria
    There are a few companies offering transfer service as well

airport shuttles.com is who we are going with, the cheapest at the moment
    and its cash to the driver rather than credit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Gardaland 10 mins away

Don't like the sound of that place! ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't like the sound of that place! ;)

Too much heat for ya !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks OP - but you shouldn't post that stuff on Boards.....

- Holiday would be ruined by lots of pasty-white Interweb nerds wandering around in lol-cat t-shirts saying QFT, FYP and lol'ing all the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

don't forget to thank the OP (with the thumbs up button) for sharing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Just booked my holiday on the cheap last week.

For 8 of us to rome including flights+accom it was 1500.

Filghts: Ryanair and booked an apartment.

Recession-tastic.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Wow That's a great price Op. I was in Bella Italia in 2006 with 6 kids-only 4 were mine- and we had a ball. Garda Land is a must as is Verona and the Roman ampitheatre. Train or bus is really cheap. We went to Venice and it was amazing. Would have gone this year but Bella Italia was all booked out for July/Aug which is the only time we can go.

Got flights to Nice this year June 30th for 6 for 800 and we've a mobile booked in campsite Camping du Pylone near Antibes for another 800. Another bargain and you don't need a car for doing the tourist bit. 2 weeks for 1600 for 6 of us. A real bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I've been to Riva twice. Excellent.... Gorgeous place.

Gardaland is sooooo good. Some brilliant rides. Make sure you get the express pass. It lets you get into a seperate queue with like max 10 min wait. It an extra 10 euro I think but well worth it, especially in the heat.

Check out Cavenaworld (Its part of the movie theme park). There is a brilliant water park there. Much cheaper than Gardaland and right beside it. It is so much fun. Try out the whirlpool ride with the rings. Endless amounts of fun.....

Enjoy. Great bargain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Gardaland
    visions of the Ted episode on priests sports day, except with our esteemed protectors of the peace instead of priests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

just back from barcelona we stayed in the 4 star princess hotel, bed and breakfast buffet all you could eat 33 euro each, swimming pool sauna etc, all you could eat dinner in the shopping centre next door 9.50 euro, meat cooked in front of you, local beer 2.50, its in the diagonal district.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Great find OP. I much prefer to find my own apartment and flights as it normally works out a lot cheaper and you get a better quality of people around the pool for a few tinnies :D.

Thanks OP - but you shouldn't post that stuff on Boards.....

- Holiday would be ruined by lots of pasty-white Interweb nerds wandering around in lol-cat t-shirts saying QFT, FYP and lol'ing all the time

Wow think I just seen a few of them on RTE1 this evening after the news ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Wife booked similar deal in March for 5;

Camp Alltomincio Family park (Keycamp UK), in mid June 7 days, flights and car (all booked independently) €940

Just to let ye know ...

Just back & Camp Bella Italia is fantastic
    Highly recommended.
    Has everything on-site to look after your needs, bar, resturant, supermarket.
    Short walk into the lovely town and only 10 mins away from Gardaland , which was brilliant too.
    Will def go back , especially for the price of the holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Just to let ye know ...

Just back & Camp Bella Italia is fantastic
    Highly recommended.
    Has everything on-site to look after your needs, bar, resturant, supermarket.
    Short walk into the lovely town and only 10 mins away from Gardaland , which was brilliant too.
    Will def go back , especially for the price of the holiday.

Sounds good! I'm looking to get away somewhere in mid Sept. Would you recommend it for say a couple in their mid twenties? Or is it more a family/kids kinda place??

Sounds good! I'm looking to get away somewhere in mid Sept. Would you recommend it for say a couple in their mid twenties? Or is it more a family/kids kinda place??

The camp does cater for family alright, so lots of kids buzzing about.
    It also has several pools on the complex so its able for the kids

It also has a hotel if you want to keep out of the way of the mass of kids
    But you cud also google for alternative accomm in the area

But good savings to be had flying there with Ryanair and self catering acomm starting at 45-55 euro per nite per room, thats not bad

And Gardaland def caters for all, some people say its as good if not better than eurodisney, i have been to both and gardaland def can compete with disney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

The camp does cater for family alright, so lots of kids buzzing about.
    It also has several pools on the complex so its able for the kids

It also has a hotel if you want to keep out of the way of the mass of kids
    But you cud also google for alternative accomm in the area

But good savings to be had flying there with Ryanair and self catering acomm starting at 45-55 euro per nite per room, thats not bad

And Gardaland def caters for all, some people say its as good if not better than eurodisney, i have been to both and gardaland def can compete with disney

Thanks Alibabba. I had a quick look on tripadvisor after I posted and it does seem to be very much a family destination. Maybe in 10 years time and a after a few sprogs I'll try it. :D The pool looks mental!

I'll have a look for alternative accommodation in the area.

Thanks Alibabba. I had a quick look on tripadvisor after I posted and it does seem to be very much a family destination. Maybe in 10 years time and a after a few sprogs I'll try it. :D The pool looks mental!

I'll have a look for alternative accommodation in the area.

Try googling a hotel in Malcesine, thats the place for young couples
    Tis a bit further north but fantastic looking
    Plus, you can get a cable car up Mount Baldo
    And there are Lake Taxi's that will ferry you around the lake from village to village so its easy to get around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

we were in the area last year a couple in mid 40's no kids and went in to the camp site whick looked great for kids but I would say that it would not suit a couple. We went for a week and had 2 locations 1 in Sirmonie and then after 3 days we went to Malcisne which we thought was fab. We went there by ferry from sirmonie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

Hi,

Thanks for the tip - sounds great, have looked into this but cant seem to get Ryanair or Aer Lingus to milan (have tried from April to Mid-june) nad getting no flights. Does any know what direct flights there are.

Cheers

malvec wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the tip - sounds great, have looked into this but cant seem to get Ryanair or Aer Lingus to milan (have tried from April to Mid-june) nad getting no flights. Does any know what direct flights there are.

Cheers

ITs Milan (Bergamo) you want to look up on RyanAir
    Aerlingus only fly into Milan itself, which is further from the lake
    BGY is closest to the Lake for Ireland flights, about 40 mins in a bus to Camp Bella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Alibaba, Where did you book your accommodation, for next July I can't get a mobile home for less than €1100 for one week.

masterK wrote: »
    Alibaba, Where did you book your accommodation, for next July I can't get a mobile home for less than €1100 for one week.

The campsite is http://www.camping-bellaitalia.it

And the hotel is also on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

Hi,

Thanks Ali for your reply, but what I meant was that I am not showing any flights to milan from Ryanair & Aer Lingus for next year, Its saying flights full/no fights etc message - is it that the schedule has not been decided??

Thanks

Malvec

malvec wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks Ali for your reply, but what I meant was that I am not showing any flights to milan from Ryanair & Aer Lingus for next year, Its saying flights full/no fights etc message - is it that the schedule has not been decided??

Thanks

Malvec

YA, its way too early to be looking for prices for next July, they wont show up on the system for another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hey,
    Myself and two buddies are looking for a two week holiday on the cheap at the end of september. Do you think this place would be suitable for three bachelors in their late 20s? It looks like it might be packed full of kids, would their be a good enough nightlife scene? Note: we're just looking for nice pubs with good atmos - not looking for a rave!

Thanks!

23-30 September, Tenerife,
    flights €161.74 each Ryanair, Dub to TRS
    accommodation here, STG£150 between ye, about €60 each
    in summary, sunshine, plenty of activities, around €220 for a week

• Advertisement

fook, didn't notice the two week bit, same flight out coming back Oct 5th, is €181.74
    Accommodation will be pro rata, about €120 each

so about €300 for flights and accommodation

ripcord wrote: »
    Hey,
    Myself and two buddies are looking for a two week holiday on the cheap at the end of september. Do you think this place would be suitable for three bachelors in their late 20s? It looks like it might be packed full of kids, would their be a good enough nightlife scene? Note: we're just looking for nice pubs with good atmos - not looking for a rave!

Thanks!

No, not too much nitelife in Lake Garda for ye id say
    Id go with the last post here or maybe even Torremolinos
    Ryanair also fly into Malaga and the Sol Principle & Apartments have some great prices at the moment, great spot too, brilliant pool, right on the beach and mighty nitelife too

Advertisement