Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passed test - getting pink licence - questions

• 30-04-2009 10:23am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I passed my test a while ago and now have to send off for my pink license. I have a driving licence with 4 points on it but I have not sent it in so none are showing on it.

I heard that you have to get both on the one license - is this true? If i just send in my bike one, will they send it back asking for my car license too?

I was thinking of doing a change of address on my car license (I have actually moved house - but mainly I use my parents address for bills etc - easier for me) and then after just send in my bike license normally - hopefully then I could have two separate licenses instead of one.

Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

You can only have 1 pink license which will show all your categories

They'll know as if you look at your provisional, and your full I believe they'll show duplicate 'driver numbers'. And its this driver number they'll use to track your points/categories.

Reading between the lines it sounds like you might have made a false declaration to your insurance company, as while they dont give a **** about car NCB, points are applied to your entire license, not just the category of vehicle you were driving at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

My comments are: that's illegal. Your points should also count on your bike license.

But if you can get around that fair play! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

What he said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It's the driver number they use for points allocation. 1 person = 1 driver number.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

And remember that the 2 year restriction only starts from the day you get your licence, not the day you passed your test!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Im telling on you!!!prison it is haha hope you like porridge.but on a more serious note well done on getting your pinkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Zascar wrote: »
    I passed my test a while ago and now have to send off for my pink license. I have a driving licence with 4 points on it but I have not sent it in so none are showing on it.

I heard that you have to get both on the one license - is this true? If i just send in my bike one, will they send it back asking for my car license too?

I was thinking of doing a change of address on my car license (I have actually moved house - but mainly I use my parents address for bills etc - easier for me) and then after just send in my bike license normally - hopefully then I could have two separate licenses instead of one.

Comments?

If you paid the fine for your points offences then they will already be on your licence cos AFAIK you are required to fill in your licence number on the offence sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

I did my bike test just over a year and a half ago and to get my full licence I had to submit both my bike provisional licence and my car full licence together, and a new pink licence was sent out to me in the post a few days later with all the details on this one licence, and though I had 4 points at the time it wasn't an issue with my insurers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I have 2 licences :P ..... full car licence and provisional bike licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

I had 2 originally also, but once you do your bike test (and pass) you will have to submit the bike provisional and be left with a new updated single licence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

best of my knowledge when I renew my bike licence they'll have to give me a full licence - without doing a test !!! (I think)

I had a bike and car - provisional licence .... but when I passed the test they only changed the car one and dropped the bike (at the time it normally just transferred....many years ago) .... so when I went to get a bike last year they said to just get a provisional for the time being ..... basically the person behind the shutter agreed with me but I didnt want to go through all the hassle of sorting it out at the time.(had to get back to work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

PCPhoto wrote: »
    best of my knowledge when I renew my bike licence they'll have to give me a full licence - without doing a test !!! (I think)

I had a bike and car - provisional licence .... but when I passed the test they only changed the car one and dropped the bike (at the time it normally just transferred....many years ago) .... so when I went to get a bike last year they said to just get a provisional for the time being ..... basically the person behind the shutter agreed with me but I didnt want to go through all the hassle of sorting it out at the time.(had to get back to work)

They don't give out free licenses anymore!!The last time they did that was like the 80's AFAIK

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Zascar wrote: »

Comments?
    The local authority have these things with a screen which are able to tell them if a person has more than one licence, previous address, etc. I forget what they are called but they are brilliant. Apparently you can also look at boards.ie on them but I haven't seen anyone doing this.

Advertisement