Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stone faced house

• 30-04-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I'm building a stone faced house, the walls will be built with blocks and faced in stone

I was wondering how the stonework should be secured to the house,
    Is there a few ways to secure it ?
    I thought the only way was to set some metal into the block wall and attach the stone work to it
    Just wondering what differenent ways there is to attach the stone work because i didn't see the metal bits,
    i was expecting to see when i looked at the house this morning..

If the bits of metal are required, does it mean taking down the block walls and redoing with the metal bits??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dont panic, you will need a roll of wire mesh, about 2" wide from memory, the masons will steel nail this to the blocks as they are building.
    Usually the wire mesh is installed with the block work but if you dont have it then it can be installed during the stone building.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

ok that's good ..
    i though the walls or some blocks would have to be taken out to put the wire mesh in...

Cheers

Advertisement