Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another name that book thread...............sorry

Options
  • 30-04-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A couple of years ago i was in my local bookshop and picked up a book. I really wanted to get it there and then but had college stuff to buy and money was tight yada yada yada. Anyways i cannot remember the book or who wrote it. I only have some info on it and i hope you guys may be able to help me out here.

Firstly the main thing i remember about the book was that there were loads of pages of code written in squares or spirals possibly but there were only a handfull throughout the whole book.

It was a murder/thriller type story

I think the title had the word leaf or leaves in it.

It may have been one of those books that had a hole on the front cover that corresponded with a picture on the inside page.

It was a new release at the time 3-4 yrs ago.

I know this is very vague but if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it.

cheers

frag

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

For some reason the Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers comes to mind... I haven't read it except a couple of chapters when I was about 10 years old, but do remember enjoying those chapters at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Long shot here - The Malice Box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski? Great book. It's about a tattoo artist finding a memoir about a house that's dimensions are larger on the inside then on the outside, it's a good read. Psychological thriller with lots of disjointed notes and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

The Da Vinci Leaf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

eZe(cant find the squigle thingy on your name)

Thanks so much guys but it looks like the genius mentioned above has got it. Must run across the road and order it now before i forget about it.

As for the other suggestion and so you guys dont feel left out i am gonna order your suggestions too to check em out.

have a good weekend

frag

swish

• Advertisement

just ordered it and will have it in 7-10 working days....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Pretty expensive book :)

just checked amazon and the preice for a new copy is 300 dolla!! sweet zombie jesus!!

Anyways ran over to bookshop and they can get it in for tweny stirlin which good. Guy in shop said that as soon as a book runs outa print then amazon jack up the prices.

I always shop local anyways

frag

swish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

The curious incident of the leaf in .....oh why bother

Jesus, 300 quid, I didn't pay more than 15 euro for it a few years back. Maybe I should sell that baby on?!?! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Well...

**dons salesman suit and shades**

The Book Depository sell it for €15 or therabouts

Thank you sir, by the by, your signature = one of the greatest books ever written... :)

Advertisement