Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Towel

• 30-04-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

hey, heading to china and south east asia for 3 months next wednesday and need to get my mits on one of those microfibre travel towels, however cant seem to find one at a decent price on the net that will be with me before that.
    Anyone got any ideas on where i could find one?? preferably under 20 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

I got the lifesystems one and 6 weeks into my trip, it's become my best friend...

Get the biggest one you can (cos they're all the same size when folded up) cos you can substitute it for a beach towel, shower towel, hand towel, blanket etc.

You can locate them anywhere really: Great Outdoors, 53degreesnorth, any outdoorsy shop in Dublin - there's another place beside M&S Mary Street that I can't think of the name... Or I could tell you a few places in Galway either?

Hope that helps!

PS> If you get the one with the map of the world on it, it can also be used for directions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

tintinr35 wrote: »
    hey, heading to china and south east asia for 3 months next wednesday and need to get my mits on one of those microfibre travel towels, however cant seem to find one at a decent price on the net that will be with me before that.
    Anyone got any ideas on where i could find one?? preferably under 20 euro

I just bought one off ebay a few weeks back, €28 including postage. Id say you'd do well to get a large size one for less than €20, they were minimum €40 in the Great Outdoors in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

I paid €25 for mine in 53degreesnorth, but they may have been having a sale at the time... They have a website (before you go trekking out to Blanchardstown!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Depends on where your flying from but I got mine in Heathrow airport and it was cheap compared to anywhere I looked in Dublin and its massive too.

i found them on Amazon but you'd need a n.irish address to make it worthwhile.
    I do luckily :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Oh, i hate those things. I find they just don't dry you that well. I travelled with one for a couple of months and ended up throwing it out and getting a proper towel.
    IMO, the only reason for getting one is to safe a little space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Oh, i hate those things. I find they just don't dry you that well. I travelled with one for a couple of months and ended up throwing it out and getting a proper towel.
    IMO, the only reason for getting one is to safe a little space.

Yeh they dry really quick, but thats probably because they absorb f*** all
    I ended up throwing mine out too and pick up a normal one.

Advertisement