Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 and BMW bluetooth

• 30-04-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

HI, I've a Nokia E71 which up to yesterday was working fine with BMW bluetooth (contacts etc all working, Nokia on latest release 210.21.006).

Yesterday, hopped into car and all of a sudden the phone remains connected for only about 10 secs or so, then disconnects (causing an annoying 1 or 2 second mute onthe radio) and reconnects continuously (until I turned off the bluetooth on the phone)

I reset the phone, no effect. Deleted and reestablished the pairing, no effect. Deleted all contacts from the phone, no effect. Re-installed all contacts, no effect.

Nothing has changed in the last few days on the phone, this was working fine for about a month beforehand.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Did you pair any other phones with the car bluetooth kit? Try resetting the car kit rather than the phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

My wife's phone and my previous phone still had pairings in the car system which I've deleted. It didn't make any difference.

The car kit is integrated so short of removing the fuse the only reset available is to turn the car off/on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

does your wifes phone work with the system. If it does then the problem could be the E71. if not then I suspect the car kit is in need of some service.
    Patrickof wrote: »
    My wife's phone and my previous phone still had pairings in the car system which I've deleted. It didn't make any difference.

The car kit is integrated so short of removing the fuse the only reset available is to turn the car off/on again.

Haven't tried another phone yet, I'll re-pair my old phone and see if it works. I suppose it's possible the bluetooth module has developed a fault in the last few days.

Tried my old phone, nokia 6300 and it works perfectly. Might factory reset the e71 and start from scratch

• Advertisement
Advertisement