Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPINION POLL - Who would you vote for?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭r14

1st pref Labour, 2nd pref Fine Gael in europeans, local and general. Last time I gave FF my 1st vote on purely local grounds but not again. Wouldn't touch the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Why is Ireland affected worse than every other nation in this recession?

Main reason, the building boom.

Who has the power to affect planning legislation in this country?

That is right Councillors.

Of the 883 councillors in this country nearly 600 of them are from far right parties FF and FG.

FF and FG caused this economic calamity, due to shoddy planning laws and zoning. If FG were honest there 293 councillors could have blocked poor planning and construction in this country in the 5 years, they did not.

As a result I will be voting for Labour then transferring to hard left parties, the far right has led this country to oblivion, and people who think they are trendy voting for FG instead of FF, you are not trendy, you are just guilty of the gombeenism that has already led this country to ruin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Of the 883 councillors in this country nearly 600 of them are from far right parties FF and FG.

FF and FG caused this economic calamity, due to shoddy planning laws and zoning. If FG were honest there 293 councillors could have blocked poor planning and construction in this country in the 5 years, they did not.

As a result I will be voting for Labour then transferring to hard left parties, the far right has led this country to oblivion, and people who think they are trendy voting for FG instead of FF, you are not trendy, you are just guilty of the gombeenism that has already led this country to ruin.

I would not worry then cause when labour gets in and brings Fine Gael on board your vote will be split between left and right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

interesting poll :) i was FF most of my adult life but the way they have walked us into this mess i cant forgive them. Would have had a recession no matter who was in power but this deep????

This poll is not reflective of the mood in the country. It needs another couple of hundred voters. Maybe if the mod got the poll replaced with the photography forum competition notice everyone on boards would vote and this could be considered a really top notch straw poll. The last one on Lisbon was bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

This poll is not reflective of the mood in the country. It needs another couple of hundred voters. Maybe if the mod got the poll replaced with the photography forum competition notice everyone on boards would vote and this could be considered a really top notch straw poll. The last one on Lisbon was bang on.

Is Pride Fighter annoyed because so very few subscribe to his far left ideals? Though in fairness the poll seems to under-represent FF and over-represent Sinn Fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sinn Féin. No surprise there for dlofnep really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sully wrote: »
    Id say its more because they seem to be jumping on the unions bandwagon, which is why some people feel they are just mainipluating publics concerns rather then being honest and willing to address all the ****e that we are in. They have become very vocal, well ahead of FG, and a lot of people were initally agreeing with them. While not as strong as FG, they were looking to be a joint party effort. Now, im not so sure. Labour dont seem to want to associate/disaccociate with any party which is an added worry I guess.
    This is nothing new, Labour has always had strong links with many unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Driseog

True enough, but the scary thing is the councillors don't actually hold that much power. From what I can see its an unelected county manager that seems to have a free rein over all these sort of decisions. Thats not to say the councillors of Fine Fáil don't vote in favour of his decisions, but there seems to be an awful lot of power in the hands of the unelected in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is nothing new, Labour has always had strong links with many unions.

Correct. Perhaps you should point Sully in the direction of James Connolly and the ITUC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

fine geal if kenny stepped down and put bruton as leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

fine geal if kenny stepped down and put bruton as leader

Maybe you should read brianthebards comment above, and think about why such a thing motivates you.

turgon wrote: »
    Is Pride Fighter annoyed because so very few subscribe to his far left ideals? Though in fairness the poll seems to under-represent FF and over-represent Sinn Fein.

What far left ideals? I dont have any far left ideals. I am a Social Democrat, not some Commie.

Maybe you are so far right you consider me so far left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

I find it very interesting to see the under representation for Fianna Fail in this poll. 5% when even the most hard hitting opinion polls usually show at least 20% voting for the party.
    Why don't Fianna Fail voters use boards.ie??
    Is the 20% national poll made up mainly of elderly people or other demographics who wouldn't use the internet often?
    Do Fianna Fail voters feel that there is nothing wrong with our country therefore they don't express any concern on this website???

Personally I'd like to see more pro-FFgovernment posters on these forums. I'm pretty tired of reading things I completely agree on :pac: We need some balance, I invite FF to lay out their side so we can have some proper debate.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'd vote for bertiebasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

dave-higgz wrote: »
    I find it very interesting to see the under representation for Fianna Fail in this poll. 5% when even the most hard hitting opinion polls usually show at least 20% voting for the party.
    Why don't Fianna Fail voters use boards.ie??
    Is the 20% national poll made up mainly of elderly people or other demographics who wouldn't use the internet often?
    Do Fianna Fail voters feel that there is nothing wrong with our country therefore they don't express any concern on this website???

Personally I'd like to see more pro-FFgovernment posters on these forums. I'm pretty tired of reading things I completely agree on :pac: We need some balance, I invite FF to lay out their side so we can have some proper debate.

Generally because if you look at anywhere I've tried to bring my pro-ff bias against the anti-ff bias I get trundled and ultimately get a warning or ban while anyone can feel free to say what they like about me because I stand by my chosen party through bad times as well as good. I now generall just stop posting or ignore to avoid this. It's actually a bit like incitement to hatred on the internet, or incitement to censorship

I find outright attack on anyone who tried to put alternative views forward suggesting that for example Mary Coughlan isn't an idiot (which I know for a fact to be true having met her numerous times), just because the popular opinion is she hasn't 2 brain cells to rub together it's taken for Gospel in these here interwebs.

If there wasn't I'd be more inclined to post, and if people could argue on the basis of any policy that a party has put forward with an open mind I might be inclined to give more attention to threads on political issues.

The reason people are anti government are on here bitching is because all their energy is put into being anti-FF, while FF continues to ignore the outside world and do it's job which is running the country. For all the attacks on FF and the Greens from the opposition, there is rarely proposals on what they would do better in a thought out way.

Richard Bruton does not a Cabinet make. A cabinet needs 15 people, and quite frankly there are opposition members I'd put in it, but there are still more FF TD's and candidates I'd put in it.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Generally because if you look at anywhere I've tried to bring my pro-ff bias against the anti-ff bias I get trundled and ultimately get a warning or ban while anyone can feel free to say what they like about me because I stand by my chosen party through bad times as well as good. I now generall just stop posting or ignore to avoid this. It's actually a bit like incitement to hatred on the internet, or incitement to censorship

I find outright attack on anyone who tried to put alternative views forward suggesting that for example Mary Coughlan isn't an idiot (which I know for a fact to be true having met her numerous times), just because the popular opinion is she hasn't 2 brain cells to rub together it's taken for Gospel in these here interwebs.

If there wasn't I'd be more inclined to post, and if people could argue on the basis of any policy that a party has put forward with an open mind I might be inclined to give more attention to threads on political issues.

The reason people are anti government are on here bitching is because all their energy is put into being anti-FF, while FF continues to ignore the outside world and do it's job which is running the country. For all the attacks on FF and the Greens from the opposition, there is rarely proposals on what they would do better in a thought out way.

Richard Bruton does not a Cabinet make. A cabinet needs 15 people, and quite frankly there are opposition members I'd put in it, but there are still more FF TD's and candidates I'd put in it.

Well I say shame to anyone who is denying you your free speech. I'll probably disagree with you on your political views but they're yours and nobody can change them. I say keep posting if you feel as strong as you do and if the opposing points aren't too overwhelming. :pac:

Well I say shame to anyone who is denying you your free speech. I'll probably disagree with you on your political views but they're yours and nobody can change them. I say keep posting if you feel as strong as you do and if the opposing points aren't too overwhelming. :pac:

I do where there's balance, but where it descends into my opinion being "mere propoganda on behalf of Fianna Failure" I give up. I have no time for people who aren't intelligent enough to engage an argument so trot out a facile line or attack me for "being a biased idiot". What do they expect. Sure they're just as biased in favour of anyone but FF, but as there's more of them here they win. There's more of us on doorsteps.

If you look closely enough around these parts you'll see people who take such offence to my views (which to any normal person are an argument from me) that they create a signature linking to it and construe it as the party line.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's not so much the "lack of brain cells" as you put it as someone seriously out of her depth in her portfolio. She did well in Agriculture.

If those FF people exist why aren't they already in the cabinet? The FF problem is that there is a serious dearth of talent or that talent is being misapplied, as is the case with Ms Coughlan.

On the opposite side most of the FG cabinet, would be acceptable and then adding from Labour the likes of Ruari Quinn, Pat Rabbitte, (if they want it.),Burton(She's got to get something) Gilmore himself and one or two as of yet unknown Labour TDs they could fill a cabinet quite nicely without a FF face in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

...I stand by my chosen party through bad times as well as good.

Even though the current economic crisis in Ireland is largely due to the mistakes of Fianna Fail? Misplaced loyalty, in my opinion. It is this kind of 'loyalty' that has kept them in power. Love is blind :rolleyes:!!

I don't think one has to meet Ms. Coughlan in person to know that she is not fit for the position of Tainaiste. My views on her competence were formed long before I read about her on Boards.ie, when she caused severe hardship to Back-to-Education students, in order to save peanuts for the Government, and that was during the boom years of the Celtic Tiger :confused:!! What has she achieved since becoming Tainaiste?

Well, pardon me, but HOW DARE THEY 'ignore the outside world'!! You are right! That is precisely what they are doing! The latest debacle of the new Blasphemous Libel legislation is a prime example of this. The Government is supposed to be for the people, not for the Government to suit themselves.

No, he doesn't, but I would say he is worth at least 15 Brian Lenihans :D!!

Seriously though, as a matter of interest, what 'opposition members' would you have in government? I haven't voted in this poll as yet, because I'm still trying to make up my mind, and I would welcome any profound advice from any side of the equation. :).

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not so much the "lack of brain cells" as you put it as someone seriously out of her depth in her portfolio. She did well in Agriculture.
    But the media stance being adopted by the public isn't move her, it's dump her. Move her I could accept, but dump??? Why?? Point me to someone who can IMPLEMENT , not just talk about solutions, even talking about solutions would be welcome, considering all the opposition and John McGuinness have done is criticise her for being her.
    If those FF people exist why aren't they already in the cabinet? The FF problem is that there is a serious dearth of talent or that talent is being misapplied, as is the case with Ms Coughlan.
    Some of the less popular members of cabinet are quite able. Noel Dempsey is extremely able, and no amount of opinion about his past mistakes is going to make him less able.
    On the opposite side most of the FG cabinet, would be acceptable and then adding from Labour the likes of Ruari Quinn, Pat Rabbitte, (if they want it.),Burton(She's got to get something) Gilmore himself and one or two as of yet unknown Labour TDs they could fill a cabinet quite nicely without a FF face in sight.
    You see, I was happy enough until you say Burton has to get something. Every sentence she utters begins "The facts about this government". She never has anything new to say, and if she does, I've generally tuned out before she gets to it, as does most of the population when listening to politicians complaining about each other.
    The Raven. wrote: »
    Even though the current economic crisis in Ireland is largely due to the mistakes of Fianna Fail? Misplaced loyalty, in my opinion. It is this kind of 'loyalty' that has kept them in power. Love is blind :rolleyes:!!
    Pure opinion. Most of the "misspending" was intended to combat disadvantage. Increased social welfare benefits were never intended to buy 42" LCDs or nearly new BMWs, but, while the standard of living must now fall, there is absolutely no getting away from the fact it has risen astronomically over the last decade.
    I don't think one has to meet Ms. Coughlan in person to know that she is not fit for the position of Tainaiste. My views on her competence were formed long before I read about her on Boards.ie, when she caused severe hardship to Back-to-Education students, in order to save peanuts for the Government, and that was during the boom years of the Celtic Tiger :confused:!! What has she achieved since becoming Tainaiste?
    Jobs are still being created in our economy, people make mistakes and the subsequent changes in B2E make that apparent. No political party makes every decision correctly. Being in power for 18 out of the last 20 years gives much more opportunity for making mistakes. The rainbow coalition made mistakes too.

Well, pardon me, but HOW DARE THEY 'ignore the outside world'!! You are right! That is precisely what they are doing! The latest debacle of the new Blasphemous Libel legislation is a prime example of this. The Government is supposed to be for the people, not for the Government to suit themselves.
    Government IS for the people, not for the media, I think you've confused the two.

No, he doesn't, but I would say he is worth at least 15 Brian Lenihans :D!!
    And in 20 years time you could argue that Lenihan will be worth 15 times "insert generic recently elected FG TD here".

Nature of life. Experience etc is gained by doing.
    Seriously though, as a matter of interest, what 'opposition members' would you have in government? I haven't voted in this poll as yet, because I'm still trying to make up my mind, and I would welcome any profound advice from any side of the equation. :).

Jan O'Sullivan, Brian Hayes (as much as it pains me), James Reilly, Ruairí Quinn are the only 4 sticking out.

Somehow I don't think the hype around Bruton would actually amount to anything if they took him off the sidelines....I class him as the Felipe Contipomi of Irish politics...he'd probably serve us much better as a EU Commissioner.

Richard Bruton has a masters in Economics not a law degree, end of.

But the media stance being adopted by the public isn't move her, it's dump her. Move her I could accept, but dump??? Why?? Point me to someone who can IMPLEMENT , not just talk about solutions, even talking about solutions would be welcome, considering all the opposition and John McGuinness have done is criticise her for being her.

Ye I'd throw her back in Agriculture where she can mature and if FF are still in power in 5 years or so, give her a chance then. It annoys me how she got in to her current job. Speaking on RTE radio she said that she asked the Taoiseach for a job involving economics. How does that prove she's qualified. I know there might not be someone better than her and she has a tough job. But without comparison, what most people are saying (John McGuinness included) is that if there was someone better, a better job would be done.

Jobs are still being created in our economy

TRUE

In every economy across the world there will always be a minimum of 2 job vacancies :D
    Thus allowing you to say that jobs are being created.

However whenever I hear anyone say that it does nothing to distract us from the live register figures. FF can quote a few hundred new tech jobs which I'm thankful to see, however it doesn't solve the problem of nearly half a million on the dole.
    Statements like this immaturely avoid the issue at hand.

Richard Bruton has a masters in Economics not a law degree, end of.
    Mary Coughlan also has an economics degree.

Ye I'd throw her back in Agriculture where she can mature and if FF are still in power in 5 years or so, give her a chance then. It annoys me how she got in to her current job. Speaking on RTE radio she said that she asked the Taoiseach for a job involving economics. How does that prove she's qualified. I know there might not be someone better than her and she has a tough job. But without comparison, what most people are saying (John McGuinness included) is that if there was someone better, a better job would be done.
    Who? John McGuinness has cleary proven the long term accuastions that he's incapable of teamwork over the last fortnight. That rules him out, no matter how much his business turns over.
    In every economy across the world there will always be a minimum of 2 job vacancies :D
    Thus allowing you to say that jobs are being created.

However whenever I hear anyone say that it does nothing to distract us from the live register figures. FF can quote a few hundred new tech jobs which I'm thankful to see, however it doesn't solve the problem of nearly half a million on the dole.
    Statements like this immaturely avoid the issue at hand.
    More people lost ther jobs in the US in January than are unemployed in Ireland. Part of the issue here is the very quick growth in the labour force in the last few years meaning there are still more people at work than ever before, but there are now more unemployed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

As I've said before every party need a McGuinness, FG have Deasy. And I agree with you. However her performance has been magnified, perhaps a little unfairly , by how the present crisis is being dealt with. The mistake was moving her at that time.

Some of the less popular members of cabinet are quite able. Noel Dempsey is extremely able, and no amount of opinion about his past mistakes is going to
    make him less able.

Yeah but he cuts loose every so often as he did during the banking debates earlier in the year. FF are not without talent but I think it is limited
    You see, I was happy enough until you say Burton has to get something. Every sentence she utters begins "The facts about this government". She never has anything new to say, and if she does, I've generally tuned out before she gets to it, as does most of the population when listening to politicians complaining about each other.

I'd say that'll be a deal breaker with Labour. :D She annoys me at times as well but she'll get a cabinet post.

Social Science according to wikipedia :D but her ability is in doubt. Richard Bruton who has a masters has been saying all the right things for a good while now.
    Who? John McGuinness has cleary proven the long term accuastions that he's incapable of teamwork over the last fortnight. That rules him out, no matter how much his business turns over.

I honestly don't know. I didn't actually suggest John McGuinness. Although I like him for having the balls to speak out. We need more of that in irish party politics.
    More people lost ther jobs in the US in January than are unemployed in Ireland. Part of the issue here is the very quick growth in the labour force in the last few years meaning there are still more people at work than ever before, but there are now more unemployed too.

It's great that we had nearly full employment but things are rapidly going the other way making the US irrelevant. 11% now and a possible 15% unemployment rate by the end of the year is alarming. ESRI are saying 17%, we could see 20%. It's time to put away any mention of FF's good record and just get down to solving the problem.

Richard Bruton who has a masters has been saying all the right things for a good while now.

Just because he's saying what people want to hear doesn't mean it's the right thing. In fact, given the current crisis, there is nobody who knows what the right thing is and play it by ear is essentially what Bruton would have to do in government regardless of anything he currently says.

I honestly don't know. I didn't actually suggest John McGuinness. Although I like him for having the balls to speak out. We need more of that in irish party politics.
    I would have suggested him a few times over the last fewmonths to various people in the party, who thought I was mad, now I know why. I never thought someone could be so self-centred in public life. He didn't have balls, he had a price, that being a ministerial post. IMO should be stripped of the party whip.
    It's great that we had nearly full employment but things are rapidly going the other way making the US irrelevant. 11% now and a possible 15% unemployment rate by the end of the year is alarming. ESRI are saying 17%, we could see 20%. It's time to put away any mention of FF's good record and just get down to solving the problem.
    Why does everyone assume the government isn't getting down to solving the problem. It's a bad business environment and we have a high cost base at the low skils level and an average one at the high skill level. We're attracting investment and there's always been funding for entrepreneurs, but we don't have a culture of entrepreneurship. We need to learn as a culture that failure is a learning curve for entrepreneurs, not a condemnation to a life on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Mary Coughlan:
    Ursuline Convent in Sligo
    Social Science, Batchelors’s Degree, UCD
    Career: social worker.

Richard Bruton:
    Belvedere College, Clongowes Wood College,
    UCD
    Master of Philosophy in Economics, Nuffield College, Oxford.
    (Thesis: Irish public debt)
    Profession: Research Economist

Quite a difference in qualifications and experience :)!!

There was a very amusing article by Senan Molony last Tuesday in the Indo:
    Cowen tries to keep leaky boat afloat as sharks circle

cartoon_indo_314454t.jpg

HELL hath no fury like a junior minister scorned. John McGuinness has been telling everyone, since his wounding demotion, just how useless this Government is.

In deliberately measured tones, to downplay any suspicion that butter (or sour grapes) might melt in his mouth, the Kilkenny TD has been publicly sliding the knife into both the Taoiseach and the Tanaiste.

His only motive is to ring an alarm bell, we're told. The ship of State is drifting on to the rocks, and it's up to John to sound a warning. He genuinely does not believe Mary Coughlan is up to the job. He says he told her that to her face.

There's a certain irony in all of this. McGuinness was supposedly the strong man behind closed doors, but immediately succumbs to the temptation to settle scores the moment his ego takes a bruising from being deemed surplus to requirements.

There are many who might see in this as much weakness as the supposed incapacity he ascribes to Mary Coughlan. 'Frailty, thy name is woman,' how are you?
    No-one ever pretended the gregarious Donegal woman came pre-packed with an MBA from Harvard, but at least she also never pretended (unlike someone we know) to have studied at the London School of Economics.

Oops!! Never mind. His website is all cleaned now ;)!!

Just because he's saying what people want to hear doesn't mean it's the right thing. In fact, given the current crisis, there is nobody who knows what the right thing is and play it by ear is essentially what Bruton would have to do in government regardless of anything he currently says.

Well for years he said that we were over-reliant on the construction industry however it's true he can be populous, be sure isn't every politician :rolleyes:

I would have suggested him a few times over the last fewmonths to various people in the party, who thought I was mad, now I know why. I never thought someone could be so self-centred in public life. He didn't have balls, he had a price, that being a ministerial post. IMO should be stripped of the party whip.

I don't believe he was that cynical, if he wanted his job he would have kept quiet. He stood up against his bosses and he must be commended for that. He wouldn't have done so unless it was a great concern to himself and the public
    Why does everyone assume the government isn't getting down to solving the problem. It's a bad business environment and we have a high cost base at the low skils level and an average one at the high skill level. We're attracting investment and there's always been funding for entrepreneurs, but we don't have a culture of entrepreneurship. We need to learn as a culture that failure is a learning curve for entrepreneurs, not a condemnation to a life on the dole.

Ok ye fair enough, I just get annoyed when FF TD's say "we've increased spending on this....","we still have this, we still have that" blah blah blah. These phrases are usually used to dodge a serious question and it just makes me cringe really. I agree sometimes it can put things in context however when were in such a crisis, I wish politicians would answer simple questions..........well, simply!

Mary Coughlan:
    Ursuline Convent in Sligo
    Social Science, Batchelors’s Degree, UCD
    Career: social worker.

Richard Bruton:
    Belvedere College, Clongowes Wood College,
    UCD
    Master of Philosophy in Economics, Nuffield College, Oxford.
    (Thesis: Irish public debt)
    Profession: Research Economist

My bad. I knew it was UCD, don't know why I though economics though. That said, she has little experience of being a social worker. Similarly, Bruton wrote his thesis in 1979 and has been in the Oireachtas since 1981 so will have had little chance to be an economist being there for 28 years.
    Well for years he said that we were over-reliant on the construction industry however it's true he can be populous, be sure isn't every politician :rolleyes:
    He said it for 3-4 years, but his party's policies didn't reflect that. The manifestos of all 3 main parties in 2007 were based on the status quo.
    I don't believe he was that cynical, if he wanted his job he would have kept quiet. He stood up against his bosses and he must be commended for that. He wouldn't have done so unless it was a great concern to himself and the public
    I believe he IS that cynical. It's amazing how this "concern" coincided with him losing his promotion.
    Ok ye fair enough, I just get annoyed when FF TD's say "we've increased spending on this....","we still have this, we still have that" blah blah blah. These phrases are usually used to dodge a serious question and it just makes me cringe really. I agree sometimes it can put things in context however when were in such a crisis, I wish politicians would answer simple questions..........well, simply!
    Well I get annoyed when I hear Bruton or Burton on the tv or radio telling us everything that's wrong, with no mention of how they'd fix it, or where they'd cut funding elsewhere to fix it if they ever do have a plan. I'm always left wanting after they've been on the news, looking for the rest of their press briefing, the bit with substance, but it never comes.

• Advertisement

Well I get annoyed when I hear Bruton or Burton on the tv or radio telling us everything that's wrong, with no mention of how they'd fix it, or where they'd cut funding elsewhere to fix it if they ever do have a plan. I'm always left wanting after they've been on the news, looking for the rest of their press briefing, the bit with substance, but it never comes.

Excellent something we can agree on :)

I too yearn to hear what the opposition has to offer in terms of policy. Unfortunately I only support FG/Lab based on pure faith and a dislike of the current government!
    I know they can't do any worse in health and at least Labour recentely came out with a decent pre-budget statement including a higher rate of tax.
    Otherwise though they really need to come up with a plan, as do the government to get us out of this mess.

Advertisement