Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Opinions

Options
  • 30-04-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

We're living in a quiet little estate almost a year now, semi-detached house, perfect neighbours either side. However the couple on one side are going to be moving out soon, and I seen that the house has been put up on a few sites for rent. Over the past few weeks a lot of people have been coming to view it and to be perfectly honest a lot of them look quite rough (One particular couple pulled a handbrake into the driveway), and this is a cause for concern for us. Do you think it's unreasonable to try find out what the landlords number is from the current tennants in the event of problems with future tennants??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Always useful to keep in touch with the owner of the house. It works both ways - you can keep an eye on the place and also contact them if there is an issue.

My neighbour has his place rented out, and he contacts me once or twice a year to see if there are any problems. I know he also visits the premises about once a year. In fairness, the tenants he's had over the years have been fine (from my perspective) but know he had problems with one (place was a total mess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

It's not unreasonable at all.
    In fact, I would recommend this anyway regardless of concerns over the tennants.
    I always make a point of it, aswell as having contact numbers for neighbours. Very handy if alarms are going off/water leaks/fires etc when there is nobody there.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

Cool, I'll make sure I get it so. Thanks guys.

Advertisement