Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel into AutoCAD

Options
  • 30-04-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can you help me I need to import an excel file into a CAD drawing but I'm not sure how exactly to do it? Using AutoCAD 2009. Done it before but can't remember now!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

Here are 2 options;

1. In autocad, click Insert - OLE Object. Then browse for the excel file you want to insert.

2. Copy the excel file and paste into autocad using Paste Special (you'll find this in the edit menu). This gives the option of pasting the file as an OLE object or autocad entities.

I'm not using Acad 2009 but I'm guessing that the procedure is much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Daveq

3dsteel is right but something else you can do is highlight the cells you want in excel and copy, then paste special in cad but select the "Paste Link" option then if you change the excel file the one inserted into the cad drawing will change too :D but only the cells you have chosen. eg you highlight and copy cells a1 to f10 but make a change in H11 it wont appear in the drawing. ;)

Advertisement