Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3- My journey to become a brigadier....

• 30-04-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hey guys, Im a commander grade 2 with a lot of experience, im on skill level 40 and dont seem to be moving up anytime soon! Any advice out there for a failing commander, How can I step it up and get to that level? I heard some players change there button configurations and increase sensitivity, I use walkie talkie and have default sensitivity on 3.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Once I become a brigadier ill know i can become a general and after that the world is mine and ill leave the games room and tackle life on the outside..

Im not actually taken the piss here, I must do this....

Cheers

Nappy

GAMERTAG= Nappyarsed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Play MLG. If you find that you're struggling at the lower levels in that then play custom games with better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's a game, it's a number, it's a symbol, it's a rank. It's meaningless.

If I were to give you advice, it's to not take it so seriously and just play for the love of playing the game. If you happen to make it to the top, so be it. If not, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

You can do it Nappy. I am in the same boat as you, I am a commander grade 2 with alot of experience. I know that deep down I am secretly a general as i kick arse at the game but would love to even get that brigadier symbol! I'm with you nappyarsed.....together we will fight the world and become great! I havn't left my gaming room in days....i look forward to playing with you soon.

Here's to becoming brigadiers.....

Gamertag: Capsud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Party on Capsud!! We'll do this! And as 4 chrisD, obviosly we got another idiot staff captain on our hands... Probably does'nt even know what a battle rifle is... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Nappy wrote: »
    Party on Capsud!! We'll do this! And as 4 chrisD, obviosly we got another idiot staff captain on our hands... Probably does'nt even know what a battle rifle is... :pac:

don't call him an idiot because hes a staff captain or i will call you an idiot for being a commander grade 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

neilk32 wrote: »
    don't call him an idiot because hes a staff captain or i will call you an idiot for being a commander grade 2.

oh oh, youre in trouble now, neilk is gonna cal you an idiot :D

god luck with your brig campaign. Ive no advice really as im only a lowly 43, except use bumper jumper. Anyone i know who has switched has become much better, yes itll take you a while to get used to it but trust me itll be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Smushbush

Play MLG, and i'd advise changing your sensitivity to 7 and your button layout to "Bumper - Jumper ". I'm only a major grade 2 but i'v played in a few Halo tournaments :cool:Team Swat is good if you wanna get good at headshots...thats all i seem to play, dont bother with team slayer...good luck anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Smushbush wrote: »
    Play MLG, and i'd advise changing your sensitivity to 7 and your button layout to "Bumper - Jumper ". I'm only a major grade 2 but i'v played in a few Halo tournaments :cool:Team Swat is good if you wanna get good at headshots...thats all i seem to play, dont bother with team slayer...good luck anyway

7 Sensitivity?:eek: How would that improve anything? And Swat is a waste of time - it all comes down to connection.

Just get some teammates together and play MLG and custom games. You won't get anywhere playing the other playlists. Also, if you really want to take things up a notch you can study the spawn system, learn weapon respawn times, work on positioning & map control, communicate, study your games in theatre and learn from your mistakes. If you really care that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Smushbush wrote: »

if you wanna get good don't listen to the majority of this statement apart from play mlg and maybe bumper jumper but not necessary because you will end up jumping around like an idiot, and i'd be interested to hear all these halo tournaments you've been playing in? :D

Advertisement