Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support group for preganat teenages in limerck

• 30-04-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi there, am a community worker in co. limerick and have had a number of enquiries for a support / peer group for young pregnant girls, not a counselling service, as i know this is already widely available just a weekly group to meet up informally and discuss things. Can anyone help me??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Are you looking for one or are you looking for suggestions for a programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hi axel rose, Im looking for one that is already established.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Im afraid that Im not from your neck of the woods, and the only programmes of that type that I am aware of cater for young people leaving care.

My only advise for you would be to either set one up yourself or approach different agencies for their specialities..........MABS for budgeting, FAS for training and interviews, Well Woman Centre for sexual health and contraception............If you have a room once a week you could organise a speaker each week maybe? What sort of programme are the girls looking for?

(Id love to work in that area again ........God damn cutbacks :mad:)

Advertisement