Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpet cleaning

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, can anyone recommend a good carpet cleaner not too expensive? I need to clean the carpet in the main bedroom (approx. 12 sq meters). it doesn't have stains or anything, I just want to get rid of dust as my son is allergic and there is baby on the way. thx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If your willing to do it yourself you can hire a carpet cleaner in Marlowes cleaners on the main street in Bray. Really does a great job and its not that hard a job but the machine is heavy. The hire is 35 Euro and the detergent will probably cost a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I got Chem-Dry in a while back to do the living room. He did a great job and charged about €55 iirc. Job done in about 30 mins and we could walk on it not long after he was finished. Breffni is the guy's name, number is 01 286 1950.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

^That sounds better than doing it yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

foxy06 wrote: »
    ^That sounds better than doing it yourself!
    Worth the extra tenner, I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MIG2006

Thanks for info. Someone recommended me Stans cleaning. I'll try them and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MIG2006

Hi, the Stans Cleaning was a very very good choice. They are great. Very good quality for reasonable money plus very nice people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

I just used vanish carpet cleaner for the first time! It is amazing. We have cream carpets (I know - we weren't thinking practically in our excitement at buying our first home :D) and a friends child spilled chocolate milk on it!!!!!!!! In crisis I rushed out and bought the vanish stuff and it worked. It is incredible. Just thought I let you know in case it's only spots that are stained. After it worked on the chocolate milk I used it on an older spot from my niece spilling her drink and it did the old stain too!

Happy with my cream carpets again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

I got Chem-Dry in a while back to do the living room. He did a great job and charged about €55 iirc. Job done in about 30 mins and we could walk on it not long after he was finished. Breffni is the guy's name, number is 01 286 1950.

and here's me thinking things have supposed to gone down in price, just rang them there, €85 minimum charge... just a small sitting room.

Advertisement