Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing on netbook?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm going travelling for a few months this summer and am planning on taking a camcorder and netbook with me.

My question is firstly, is it even possible to do any sort video editing on a netbook? (Acer AspireOne with 1.5gb Ram, 1.6ghz atom processor, 120gb HDD, Windows XP etc.)

And secondly, if it is possible how painful is it? I would most likely be using Adobe Premier Elements. The system requirements for Elements require a 1.8ghz processor but I reckon 1.6 isn't too far off?

Any advice will be appreciated,
    S.h.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

I'm going travelling for a few months this summer and am planning on taking a camcorder and netbook with me.

My question is firstly, is it even possible to do any sort video editing on a netbook? (Acer AspireOne with 1.5gb Ram, 1.6ghz atom processor, 120gb HDD, Windows XP etc.)

And secondly, if it is possible how painful is it? I would most likely be using Adobe Premier Elements. The system requirements for Elements require a 1.8ghz processor but I reckon 1.6 isn't too far off?

Any advice will be appreciated,
    S.h.

what's the graphics processor of the netbook? Is it an integrated graphics chip? If so then this can affect the RAM in your machine. If using an application that requires more graphics memory than the integrated chip possesses then it will start to take memory speed from the ram in your netbook which can lead to system slowness.

what kind of video editing are you looking to be doing? just putting ordinary touristy vids together or are you looking to do something a little bit more serious (application wise)?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

It has integrate graphics i'm afraid.

Also I plan to be "putting ordinary touristy vids together", nothing fancy at all at all.

Advertisement