Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wexford town nightlife

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, there's a group of us (girls) (on a hen but hoping it wont be the usual in yer face type hen), and i'm wondering if anyone can recommend places to go. we are all interested in live music, there are people of all ages. so all types of music, including country. and what night club would you recommend. or disco bar. Does anyone have any information on the races? and good pubs for a sunday session, maybe with a nice beer garden and a live band! maybe i'm asking for too much but i know wexford is a lively spot! thanks for any help you can give :D

Comments

Only one pub in Wexford that you should go to watch the Races - The Wrens Nest on the quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fruitandnut

i actually ment going to the races, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

sky and the ground is the place to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭sallysaucer

The Stores is always a good spot and i'm sure thay would reserve an area for you...also they own the riverbank hotel too so you might be able to make it a package deal accom & entry to night club...worth a try!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Try wexfordraces.ie for info on the racing....it is a good evening out and only a very short taxi from town (you can also walk it...depends how lazy you are feeling!)

Maggie Mays has been known to have live music although I can;t say I have been for a while......I will keep an eye out in town and see if I notice any live events coming

Snellers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

When is it that you are planning to go down? Is it a bank holiday, or a just a normal weekend?

Maggie May's can be a good spot, try the Anu bar too. I played in there for the first time on Sunday night gone, and it was a very good night. The Stores is the only nightclub to go to IMO. Unless your all 17....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fruitandnut

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm sure we'll do well to get to all those spots! looking forward to it now. so Thanks :D

Advertisement