Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for replacing existing septic tank?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I'm putting in planning for an extension at the moment. I live out in the Leitrim sticks and have an existing septic tank that I want to replace as it is more of a concrete holding tank and not up to much. Do I need to do a percolation test to replace an existing system or can I replace it without planning bearing in mind the application for planning on the extension could well draw the planners attention to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You will need to have a site assessment carried out first and then submit the results of it with your application and obviously include for a replacement tank/percolation area or for whatever is specified in the site assessment report.

Advertisement