Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi fellow boardians,
    Come on, surely U2 can be classed as legends.
    I've seen and read so many hater posts and can't understand why, let this be the Boards.ie ultimate decider!

Are U2 Worthy Of Boards Legend Status? 35 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 35 votes

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nay. U2 are on overrated pile of pure distilled genericness. I don't understand how people continue to listen to their stuff recently. Didn't Bono recently boast, before playing one of the new songs that it's the fastest song they've ever written at about 150BPM? Come on!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Nay. U2 are on overrated pile of pure distilled genericness. I don't understand how people continue to listen to their stuff recently. Didn't Bono recently boast, before playing one of the new songs that it's the fastest song they've ever written at about 150BPM? Come on!!

+1

The fact that some misguided music fans consider U2 to be a legendary band has nothing to do with them being Legends of the Boards. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Done more for Ireland than any Goverment has(even if it was by accident)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Nay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Nay and nay. Although I do think people would have more time for them if Bono didn't come off as such an arrogant tosser every time there is a camera pointed at his face...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

bookerboy wrote: »
    Done more for Ireland than any Goverment has(even if it was by accident)

They don't even pay taxes here anymore:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

not a chance of them been legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Not legends of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Flogging the same old 1980's 5hite.Those guys are way past their sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

no because Bono is a fool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Have to go with nay,i think they're overrated and generic,it all sounds the same

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Im happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nope, scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

They defo are legends. I know that most people here will slag them off and think they are rubbish etc etc but then again,thats the irish mentality with anyone who becomes famous and from this country.

I have met the band twice and got an autograph from Bono and he was so so nice and just normal. His minder was a bit of a knob but Bono said that it was no problem and he was just a gentleman.

They will go down as one of the biggest and best live acts ever and are a true credit to Ireland.

Thats just my opinion anyway and as we know "opinions are like assholes,everbody has one"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

they suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

What does Legends of the boards mean?

Advertisement