Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkennys newest Traffic Warden? a bit keen

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

seen the guy that used to be manager in the old swimming pool , moved on to the parking ticket beat, he seems a bit keen, with his shiny head n all! ticketing every thing that doesnt move...OTT
    jobs for the boys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Someone posted before that all of the old pool staff were redeployed as parking wardens to police our sudden influx of charegeable parking spaces :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 contakt23

Stephen wrote: »
    Someone posted before that all of the old pool staff were redeployed as parking wardens to police our sudden influx of charegeable parking spaces :mad:
    I only see him about, none of the other staffers, then again, who the hell would do it! if it was the last job..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

What's the problem? Is he ticketing cars he shouldn't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 contakt23

from south kilkenny , you obviously dont encounter these parking terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not when I park legally every time I go to the city, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think the problem is the sudden show up of about a billion new parking meters that were never there before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Kilkenny is only doing what every other town in the country is doing. I really don't mind paying because now I can nip into town in the afternoon na dnot have to waste time getting in and out of car parks. Personally, I think it is great.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest as much as I think the parking meters are a joke (especially when a high % of council workers get free parking) I've still never had an issue with traffic wardens as I park legally and anyone who does park illegally deserves the ticket imho

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

Realistically the parking meters are helping shopping quite a lot in town. People are now able to go into town and park near the shop they wish to go to, run in and leave again. John's Green for example is one area which has seen incredible improvement. But also, if someone parks illegally they will be getting a ticket, that's fair enough. But, if the warden is ticketing people purely for the craic you could just report it to city hall and inform them. Only do this though if you have proof otherwise it just creates complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

John's Green for example is one area which has seen incredible improvement.

+ 1 Whatever peoples issues about the parking meters in other parts of town it's made a world of difference at John's Green. I have to post work a couple of times a week and being able to drive over and park at John's Green has been fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

contakt23 wrote: »
    seen the guy that used to be manager in the old swimming pool , moved on to the parking ticket beat, he seems a bit keen, with his shiny head n all! ticketing every thing that doesnt move...OTT
    jobs for the boys!

His name is Pat, he's a complete twat... I remember years ago he threw me and a friend out of the pool cause we were slapping each other with wet swimming hats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

A bit harsh calling a guy you don't know a complete twat on a public forum for ejecting you from the pool for behaving like a complete a-hole. I have to say I attended those kids summer camps he used to run when I was a young'un and I found the guy dead sound.

And how can you be too keen as a parking man anyway? If he was 4rsing around not doing any work you'd be giving out about that too. He is paid to do a job, which he does. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

fabbydabby wrote: »
    A bit harsh calling a guy you don't know a complete twat on a public forum for ejecting you from the pool for behaving like a complete a-hole. I have to say I attended those kids summer camps he used to run when I was a young'un and I found the guy dead sound.

And how can you be too keen as a parking man anyway? If he was 4rsing around not doing any work you'd be giving out about that too. He is paid to do a job, which he does. End of.

I could give you numerous reasons to why he's a twat, but Im not getting into that.. Besides, I actually do know him. Although saying that he wasn't the worst lad working down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

So what if he got a job or he is being "redeployed" by the Council?
    Did you get ticketed by him? You appear to be holding something against him!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Pat is sound my friends .........just doing his public service is all..........:cool: I know a girl there though who has broken all records for tickets given to public.

Anything that moves wham.. bam... gotta ya.:pac: People of Kilkenny you have been warned.....:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sliderman wrote: »
    Anything that moves wham.. bam... gotta ya.:pac: People of Kilkenny you have been warned.....:D

Don't you mean anything that doesn't move? ;)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

i want to hook my mobile phone up to the solar panel outside my door on dem parking meters

Advertisement