Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treb for saturday

Options
  • 30-04-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

What ye think of this lads????
    Utd -1,
    barca draw no bet
    munster -10
    Think i'l wait till i see the utd team before i put the money down and i wont be putting the house on it just thought 10-1 is a nice shout,

Nuts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Really doubt the score you have for United and Barca.

Can't see Barca draw and United only scoring once (or conceding for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

nuts86 wrote: »
    Utd -1,
    barca draw no bet
    munster -10
    Think i'l wait till i see the utd team before i put the money down and i wont be putting the house on it just thought 10-1 is a nice shout,

Nuts

Im sure this has been asked before but what happens if Barca draw - does this become a straight double?

I'd rather Munster - 7 @ 10-11 and Utd will be resting a couple of players so not sure about that one either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Arsenal away to Portsmouth at 6/5 must be a super bet?
    Even with Arsenal resting players before the 2nd CL leg, they should still be too strong for Pompey.
    Double that with Munster -7 @ 10/11 and a tasty 3.2/1 beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

from what i hear it sounds like ferguson is going to field in or around the same team that drew with everton in the F.A. cup. so i woulndt expect to many goals from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

I've got a treble on:

Fulham (+1) 13/8.....think they will keep a clean sheet against Chelsea
    Boro (+2) 8/15.....think will be a draw or united to knick it by one
    Blackburn (+1) 4/5..this is an absolute banker vs man city. Blackburn unbeaten in this fixture last six seasons and unbeaten in last 9/10 games against city.

• Advertisement

I've got a treble on:

Fulham (+1) 13/8.....think they will keep a clean sheet against Chelsea
    Boro (+2) 8/15.....think will be a draw or united to knick it by one
    Blackburn (+1) 4/5..this is an absolute banker vs man city. Blackburn unbeaten in this fixture last six seasons and unbeaten in last 9/10 games against city.

City are at home for that though and Blackburn only drew when they were at home 2-2. Plus with Robinho finding the net recently again I really doubt this.

I have an accumulator on the big 4 to win at 5/1 with Paddy Powers.

Then I have an absolute mess of an accumulator which involves the Boca Jrs and River Plate games that are on now, the big 4, City and AC Milan as well as a few of the Sudamericano Sub 17 matches over the last 2 nights which have all gone favourably so far. Can't remember what the odds are though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

dotsflan wrote: »
    from what i hear it sounds like ferguson is going to field in or around the same team that drew with everton in the F.A. cup. so i woulndt expect to many goals from them!

Cant see them resting too many players, one slip up now will have Liverpool right back at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Under 2.5 goals in the stoke west ham game looks a good bet. west hams last 6 displays have all produced less than 2.5 and stokes last 5 games all under 2.5 and the one that was over 2.5 was away to everton!

Pays 4/1 in an accum with liverpool celtic and bohs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

Brimmy wrote: »
    City are at home for that though and Blackburn only drew when they were at home 2-2. Plus with Robinho finding the net recently again I really doubt this.

I have an accumulator on the big 4 to win at 5/1 with Paddy Powers.

Then I have an absolute mess of an accumulator which involves the Boca Jrs and River Plate games that are on now, the big 4, City and AC Milan as well as a few of the Sudamericano Sub 17 matches over the last 2 nights which have all gone favourably so far. Can't remember what the odds are though :pac:

Yes but Blackburn are unbeaten away at Man city for the last six seasons. Blackburn are a real boogey team for City. I fancied City myself until I looked at the history of the fixture. I reckon it'll be a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Re Liverpool game, Newcastle look like being down to thier bare bones, Martins and Viduka are highly doubtful, they have no leftback, no right wing. So they could play only 3 at the back or Duff in LB. Liverpool will have full strength side with Gerrard back.

The odds are shocking, Torres hattrick 10/1! Owen hat trick 300/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,214 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fulham could be in with a shout against chelsea

fulham are going for europe and chelsea will be resting players for the barca match

not sure will i go for a fulham win or draw

edit went for a draw and my other bets

Portsmouth v Arsenal draw 23/10
    Man City v Blackburn Home win 10/11
    Chelsea v Fulham draw 3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

Steve Claridge has tipped United to draw with Borough in his Premiership preview and Liverpool to whip Newcastle - so I'm going to throw Villa in there as well.

Liverpool to beat Newcastle
    Villa to beat Hull
    United to draw with Middlesborough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

goin for

city
    spurs
    liverpool
    villa

just under 5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

west ham draw@stoke, fulham darw@ chelsea and Arsenal to beat pompey . opinions?

west ham draw@stoke, fulham darw@ chelsea and Arsenal to beat pompey . opinions?

Arsenal could be resting alot of players for the utd match and west ham going for Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Headshot wrote: »
    Arsenal could be resting alot of players for the utd match and west ham going for Europe

Good points i grat you, but stoke are tough at home and arsenals second string would probally finish 5th or 6th in the premier leauge most years . However i see your point and will most probally not persue it now!

I'm beating on the big 4 to win. 5/1 at Powers.

Kept it small though because Pompey and Boro can be tricky. Much as I love United and all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal will have Arsharvan fresh so I reckon they'll win even if much of the starting 11 is unfamiliar.

mike65 wrote: »
    Arsenal will have Arsharvan fresh so I reckon they'll win even if much of the starting 11 is unfamiliar.

damn forgot about Arsharvan

dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

man city 10/10
    aresanl draw 11/4
    derry city 8/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

aston villa 4/7
    liverpool -1 8/11
    portsmouth +1 4/7

gonna have a slap at this tomorrow lads it pays a shade over 3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

nuts86 wrote: »
    Utd -1,
    barca draw no bet
    munster -10

Nuts

As you say Man Utd could put out a 2nd team, I've a feeling Leinster will run Munster closer than a lot of people think and the Barca have thrown the toys out of their pram after Chelsea so insolently went there to stop them scoring goals, the cheek. Messi was anonymous against Chelsea and Henry could be out. Barca's lead has eroded from 12 points to 4 since they beat Madrid in December and I think Madrid are unbeaten at home since December. I'd go with Madrid no bet over Barca.

It's an epic weekender. The football today, NHL finals, Pacquiao/Hatton, El Clasico, Kentucky Derby, Munster/Leinster. More I'm sure.

I only have one double and it's one of my biggest bets in a long time, it's a Munster/Liverpool double. It's inconceivable that Munster will lose this game even though it could be close for 50-60 minutes and if Liverpool with Torres and Gerrard can't beat an injury-riddled, white-flag raising, pathetic Newcastle team who couldn't even muster 20 minutes of a performance against Chelsea when Shearer took over at home then I'm giving up betting on soccer. It pays 1.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Celtic
    Tottenham
    Arsenal

Pays about 9/2. Gonna put a €10- on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

might be worth a punt:

Real madrid 13/8
    Bolton 5/2
    Arsenal 13/10
    Man City 10/11
    Everton 9/5
    Tottenham 1/2
    Munster 3/10

Pays about 200/1 - worth a fiver surely.

Originally I was thinking a quad: Arsenal, man city, everton, spurs - which is also good.

Its a longshot but possible (then again its also possible elvis is still alive somewhere !!!)

You can always go for it on a point of value but backing teams between legs in the Champions League on a Saturday isn't a good idea imo. Chelsea and Arsenal both had tough away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

For this weekend i do the following

1 Tottenham v West Brom (Backing The Draw OR West Brom @ 2.78)
    2 Stoke v West Ham (Backing The Draw OR Stoke @ 1.39)
    3 Portsmouth v Arsenal (Backing Portsmouth OR The Draw @ 1.62)
    4 Man City v Blackburn (Backing The Draw OR Man City @ 1.27)
    5 Chelsea v Fulham (Backing The Draw OR Fulham @ 2.66)
    6 Barnet v Port Vale (Backing The Draw OR Port Vale @ 1.95)
    7 Brentford v Luton (Backing The Draw OR Luton @ 2.2)

For the banter

Spurs v Wbrom over 2.5
    Chelsea v Fulham under 2.5

For the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Leeds are the bet of the weekend @ 4/5. Absolute brilliant at home playing 5th bottom Northampton (however they need 1 point for safety so could be scrappy).

MK dons 5/6 away to hereford who are bottom is a huge price.

Milwall away to Carlisle at 9/4 is great too but Carlisle are down if they don't win so might want to swerve this.

The treble of this is 14/1. Worth a punt!

Half right with Leinster but wrong on everything....bad day for me. Pocket talking a bit but Munster really should be ashamed of themselves, their biggest enemy today was complacency and they fell into that trap bigtime. They should have known better. Clearly they weren't up for the fight. Fair play to Leinster, nobody gave them a prayer but they outfought Munster today and thoroughly deserve their win. Munster believed their own press and paid the price for it, well deserved too.

That 5/1 for Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool all to win is looking pretty damn good now...

Have an offer from Betfair that if I put 40 into my account they'll match it with 40. Thinking of doing it for the Pool match tomorrow and withdrawing as I don't have much cash at the moment so should be a good bet.

Anyone know how long Betfair normally takes in repaying? (No point in starting a new thread).

• Advertisement

Brimmy wrote: »
    That 5/1 for Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool all to win is looking pretty damn good now...

Have an offer from Betfair that if I put 40 into my account they'll match it with 40. Thinking of doing it for the Pool match tomorrow and withdrawing as I don't have much cash at the moment so should be a good bet.

Anyone know how long Betfair normally takes in repaying? (No point in starting a new thread).

did the same bet today

if liverpool loose or draw ill be gobsmacked

Advertisement