Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How soon after...?

• 30-04-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

I'd just like some advice please. I am off pill three mths now and have had one 66 day cycle & waiting for second one to arrive. I said I'd wait until I had two cycles and by then I thought I'd be regular enough and be able to ttc. It is so frustrating waiting for your body to return to normal. I was on pill 6.5 yrs.

Can anyone advise how long they waited to ttc after taking pill or do people just chance their arm? Obviously if you start trying and your cycle is not regular, you haven't clue what's going on. I was very irregular before being on pill also. I so wanna start as there's so many around me having babies at the mo (which makes it that bit harder) & i dont wanna leave this any later (im 30).

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Hi,

I was on the mini-pill and came off it to try for a baby. I'm not sure if that differs greatly to the normal combined contraceptive pill but I think with the mini pill, the difference is that your cycle is "supposed to" go back to normal almost right away.

Anyway, my first cycle was 6 weeks long. This seemed like forever to me so I can understand your frustration.

My second cycle was taking a bit longer than this but I assumed it was just my body adjusting back to normal. I left it for a couple of weeks before investigating. I noticed I started to feel queasy occasionally and sure enough, when I took the test it was positive! I couldn't believe it!!

I'm not sure what the recommended time is to wait but I reckon once you've had one cycle it should be ok to start trying. I think the only reason they say you should wait longer is so that you will know when you conceived - i.e. for dating purposes. But this can also be determined quite accurately from an early dating pregnancy scan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's just my take on it but for proper advice (and peace of mind;)), I'd say consult your GP.

Hope this helps! And good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

Hi Caroline,

Thanks so much for your reply. And congrats on your good news too! That does put my mind at rest. I guess I am over-worrying a bit & the fact that it's difficult to predict date of conception with irregular cycles did cross my mind too. But as you said, if scan can detect that, then it's not prob. I'm also bit worried that i'm not taking folic acid long enough yet to be in my system - into my fifth week of taking it. But I suppose I'll just go with flow now once second cycle arrives & sure we'll see what happens! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
    All the best..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭KittenCaboodle

Hey prissylee.

I got your PM and see that you've been reading the other threads on this subject. I've replied to you now and I hope you get some peace of mind out of that!

xxx
    KC

Hey prissylee.

I got your PM and see that you've been reading the other threads on this subject. I've replied to you now and I hope you get some peace of mind out of that!

xxx
    KC

Cheers, thanks kittendaboodle. I just saw your pm msg and replied back!
    Tnx so much, much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭who what when

'I so wanna start as there's so many around me having babies at the mo...'

Well its great to see your reasons for starting a family are beyond question!!

• Advertisement

I was referring to those close to me actually, and simply pointing out (indirectly) that it's hard to look at that, for fear i may not be able to have my own.

Now less of the sarcastic comments tnx

What business is it of yours exactly?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭who what when

What business is it of yours exactly?

:rolleyes:

Well its none of my business or anyone except for the person concerned and her partner obviously but my understanding of this forum was that when people start a thread they are automatically inviting opinion and comments from other users. I gave mine, whats the problem?

Didnt mean offence really but just highlighting that the way the op wrote that didnt exactly sound like her reasons for conceiving were of the highest moral standard. Although im sure they are and im taking her words out of context.

but my understanding of this forum was that when people start a thread they are automatically inviting opinion and comments from other users. I gave mine, whats the problem?

OP was looking for advice on how long it should take her cycle to return to normal after coming off the pill, not comment on her motives (or to be more accurate, what you perceive to be her motives) for conceiving a child.
    Didnt mean offence really but just highlighting that the way the op wrote that didnt exactly sound like her reasons for conceiving were of the highest moral standard.

Again OPs reasons for wanting a child are none of your business. As for morality, who are you to judge what is of a high moral standard? If you want to discuss morality take it on over to the Humanities forum. I'd be very surprised if you can find one non-selfish reason for having a child though.
    im taking her words out of context.
    Nail on the head with added, who asked you anyways.

Advertisement