Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Poster titles

Options
  • 30-04-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

So, the one I've picked is: A fantasy film entitled "Architects of Ruin".

Anyone have any ideas for it?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

shít.. you have the exam sheets already? :o
    Havn't been in school the last 3 days, was told they weren't coming til next week or so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

They're all awful! I'll probably do that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Got my craftwork paper today, definitely doing the Poster: Architects of Ruin. So easy!
    A lot of my friends aren't too happy with the pottery options though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pica

7Steve

Here are my ideas;

Architects of Ruin Ideas-

I would look at gothic or romanesque architecture for inspiration. Gothic more so because of the reference to fantasy. Google gothic ruins for inspiration. Fantasy creatures that link in with gothic would be gargoyles.
    That's just my take on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

"Architects of Ruin" sounds TERRIBLE and you're all going straight to the obvious :)

if it was MEE i'd do terrorism, a bombing, war, the london blitz, demolition cause some people are acting as ARCHITECTS for RUIN !

and do ye really want to draw buildings ? too much perspective i say !

• Advertisement

Can somebody post all 3 choices for the poster question ? :)

Help appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

A hair exhibition entitled - cutting edge hair

Science week 2009 :):):)

A fantasy film entitled - Architects in ruin

Thanks a lot creggy :)

edit-

Also, for anyone who needs:

Page 38 of the following link is the marking scheme for the poster option

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2008/LC014ALP001EV.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    "Architects of Ruin" sounds TERRIBLE and you're all going straight to the obvious :)

if it was MEE i'd do terrorism, a bombing, war, the london blitz, demolition cause some people are acting as ARCHITECTS for RUIN !

and do ye really want to draw buildings ? too much perspective i say !

that's what I thought it meant!!! everybody else seems to think it has something to do with actual architecture. are we wrong?

are we wrong?
    yes..

architect: someone who creates plans to be used in making something (such as buildings)

ie. not exclusive to buildings :)

edit. just to make it more clear, an architect of ruin could be a terrorist(like somebody mentioned above), a super villain, or any general bad guy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ you're confusing me. does it have to be about buildings or not? I really don't think it does

no :E no buildings necessary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ~RaY~

i thought about that too doin somthing with terrorists os the destruction of buildings focousing on the ppl who cause it, but in all fairness it's suppost to be a fantasy film? would points not be deducted for lack of clarity or relevance to the actuall brief :confused:
    F**ked nd the exams in about 4 days ... Help!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

that's what I thought it meant!!! everybody else seems to think it has something to do with actual architecture. are we wrong?

None of you are wrong, and all of you are right.

You may interpret it differently than someone else, but as long as it's clear what your interpretation is, and as long as your interpretation makes sense, then you are fine.

There was a similar question a few years ago in embroidary (may have been a pre paper, not sure). The theme was 'Race Tracks'. What kind of racing, though? Horse racing? F1? Greyhounds? It doesn't matter. All of those interretations are valid, and as long as YOUR interpretation makes sense, that's all that matters.

Advertisement