Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which body shop is better?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all, I had a bit of a crash today, nothing to serious. It was the other persons fault and this was never an issue.
    My dilemma is this, the other persons insurer has given me a list of two body-shops and any feedback on either would be greatly appreciated.
    1. Clearview Auto And Bodyshop in the Clondrinagh Business Park(off the dual carriageway) or
    2. Limerick Auto Crash in the East-way Business Park.

They also gave me the option of getting it done in a garage of my choice.
    The main dealers were charging more than the car was worth so that's not really an option.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Had an Astra done by the crowd in Eastway in '99. I had been rearended and there was a fair bit of damage. Repair seemed fine, can't remember any probs with it. AFAIR they were owned by the same people who owned Ennis Road Motors though I might be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

mark1974 wrote: »
    1. Clearview Auto And Bodyshop in the Clondrinagh Business Park(off the dual carriageway) or
    2. Limerick Auto Crash in the East-way Business Park.

I would avoid Limerick Auto Crash like the plague. Their finish as you see it is very good, but they take short cuts everywhere. I was very unimpressed with their service.

They handed me back the car with some parts not fitted, small plastic coverings that you wouldn't actually see unless you get down on your knees to look. They lost my car mats, they fitted new alloys on the car with no tyre pressure monitors fitted (they didn't bother transferring them from the old wheels). So everything you can see as a normal punter, is perfect, everything else was thrown on with very little regard for doing it right.

The worst thing of all is that they charged the insurance company for everything they didn't put back on the car and some things they had charged I wasn't supposed to get put on the car. I grew up in the motor industry and look a cars with a little more detail, so he got away with nothing. I followed up with the insurance company to make sure I got what he charged for and that he didn't double charge what he shouldn't have. Needless to say the insurance company were happy.

Avoid.

I believe there is a lad in Mungret who is excellent....no idea what his name his though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

David Browne in Cratloe is good. I got a job done on my old car there. It did need a trip back to sort a tiny drip mark but overall a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

In a similar situation a few years back and used the place in Clondrinagh, I couldn't fault them for efficiency or for finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Does anyone have a number for Clearview Auto Body shop? Google and goldenpages.ie are turning up no results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I thought this was a thread about The Body Shop.

Itz gav me mega lulz when it waznt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

This is the contact number for RS Auto Shop in Clondrinagh. Its owned by Mike Sheehan and we've found him excellent. Hubby has been dealing with him for over 25 years

R.S. Auto Shop (Limerick) Ltd

Clondrina Ennis rd Limerick Co. Limerick
    • icon_phone.gif(061)453616

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Well it looks like I'm going to go with Clearview Auto Repair center as they have been very professional handling my Queries thus far and Limerick Auto Crash hasn't even phoned me back with an estimate. In these days of recession you would think that all business would be welcome:confused:

bazz26Does anyone have a number for Clearview Auto Body shop? Google and goldenpages.ie are turning up no results.

Its 061/459150

Advertisement