Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian "Premiership" Created!

• 30-04-2009 6:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So basically this is based on the Spanish and english systems wher the top division seperated itself from the other leagues below so as to have better control of the financial distrubations within it's body, it will also me a fairer allocation of money between (like the premier league where TV money is almost identical for all teams). I for one and glad of this, it means the clubs can finally negotiate a collective rights package with one of multiple broadcasters and move foraward financially together, outside of the top 6 teams in Itlay clubs run on a fraction the budget of even the smallet Premiership teams and this will give the entire league a chance to challenge the financial clout the EPL has gained in the last 10 years.

Could be exactly what Italian football has needed for the last 4 years.

This Artical was taken from channel4.com
    The Lega Calcio has split between Serie A and B, effectively creating a sort of Premier League in Italy from 2010-11.

Until now the Lega Calcio represented all the clubs in the top two tiers, but the inability to decide on how the money would be split has seen the big sides break away.

“We have created the new Lega Serie A,” announced Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini upon leaving the meeting in Rome.

“Am I satisfied? No, but it was necessary.”

Only Lecce did not take part in the request to split from Serie B sides, but the 19-club vote was the majority needed for this radical step.

Maurizio Beretta has been named the man who will be in charge of this new top flight union of clubs.

“I am honoured to put myself at the service of the clubs to adopt a more European and international approach in a sector where we have the potential for extraordinary results,” said Beretta.

“The mandate is clear, we will take the first steps to construct a Lega A and there are several details that need to be whittled down. The process will develop over the next 12 months.”

Beretta was the candidate to be the new Lega Calcio President, but the disagreements over numerous meetings prompted this new role.

It also means an interim President for the Lega Calcio in its existing form must be chosen because the clubs failed to elect a new leader.

“We are starting work now so that this Lega A can be operational from July 1 2010,” commented Milan Vice-President and former Lega Calcio President Adriano Galliani.

“Next year there should be no particular problems because we have already agreed on the division of money within Serie A and between A and B. From 2010 there will be separate Lega entities for A, B and C.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

should see the smaller italien sides in the 'premier division' become more competitive which should in turn make the top sides more competitive again increasing there chances of champions league glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

After all the match fixing in recent years in the Italian leagues, does anyone really care what the hell they get up to anymore? They invented diving, they invented the reverse gear (for their tanks!), they invented fashion, now they've invented something else that we don't really need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Now all we need is some bloody tv station to start showing us regular games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

After all the match fixing in recent years in the Italian leagues, does anyone really care what the hell they get up to anymore? They invented diving, they invented the reverse gear (for their tanks!), they invented fashion, now they've invented something else that we don't really need.

yeah because there have never been fixint alegations in england.

And nobody ever dives in the premiership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5nB_Jk9svw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FilSIGfCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78OJDSZ2Ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zB6o6nHXQ

And thats just the best players from 2 teams!

Do a christophey reeves there and get off your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They didn't invent this, they copied England.

I've mixed feelings about this. It will hopefully make the league more competative again and hopefully give the smaller clubs more of a chance in the transfer market but it will make it harder for a team to jump up from Serie C2 to A in 4 years again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This has been needed for a long, long time. Let's hope they make it work - the CL is more interesting when there's a spread of teams from different countries in the latter stages.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    but it will make it harder for a team to jump up from Serie C2 to A in 4 years again
    While that's a lovely thing to see and a huge achievement for the clubs, it's generally a sign of weak leagues and those clubs that do achieve it generally don't add much to the overall strength of the top divisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Bubs101 wrote: »
    They didn't invent this, they copied England.

No way! I'd never even seen players diving until I watched my first World Cup - Spain, 1982... the Italians dived their way into the finals & won it... it wasn't until the likes of Klinnsman joined the English league, did we see that happen across the pond.

Klinnsman would go down if a blade of grass got in his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

No way! I'd never even seen players diving until I watched my first World Cup - Spain, 1982... the Italians dived their way into the finals & won it... it wasn't until the likes of Klinnsman joined the English league, did we see that happen across the pond.

Yeah thats right, Klinnsman was the first player to ever dive in English foobtall :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Klinnsman would go down if a blade of grass got in his way.

You sir are a fool. Was talking about the Premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Source please for the Italians inventing diving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

starbelgrade: Not xenophobic. Good man!

Show me evidence of a fixed match, dear boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Seaneh wrote: »
    So basically this is based on the Spanish and english systems wher the top division seperated itself from the other leagues below so as to have better control of the financial distrubations within it's body, it will also me a fairer allocation of money between (like the premier league where TV money is almost identical for all teams). I for one and glad of this, it means the clubs can finally negotiate a collective rights package with one of multiple broadcasters and move foraward financially together, outside of the top 6 teams in Itlay clubs run on a fraction the budget of even the smallet Premiership teams and this will give the entire league a chance to challenge the financial clout the EPL has gained in the last 10 years.

Could be exactly what Italian football has needed for the last 4 years.

This Artical was taken from channel4.com

Definitely have mixed feelings about this. English football has, in my opinion, been ruined by the efforts of the Premier League and BSkyB. If it improved gates throughout the league, that could only be good.

Advertisement