Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominic's Park Family Fun day - Drogheda

Options
  • 30-04-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for a bit of assistance. There is a family fun day on the bank holiday Monday in Dominick's Park in Drogheda. Quite fancy going and bringing the kids but I haven't a clue where the park is. Can anyone enlighten me?

Will be travelling by bus or train from Balbriggan so would you also know if it's walking distance from either the bus or train station? Thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

There's a map from the bus station to Domnic's Park. I's about a 10 minute walk at most. We brought the kids down last year and we all had a great time.

picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=2913

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

It's the park area along the river, also known as the ramparts. It's a 2-3 minute walk from the bus station come out of the bus station and face McDonalds which is across from you stay on your side of the road and simply walk about 500 yards left towards the bridge, you'll see a gated monument and a memorial to the hunger strikers, follow the road onwards for a few more yards and the park and play area is opposite on the right - enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

From the train station, you can walk it in about 15-20 minutes, it's simply 1 road the whole way, again you pass McDonalds, I would advise prob getting a cab for €6 if you take the train station route. But I'd opt for the bus as it's right next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Thanks so much to both of you - especially for the map. Now let's hope it stays dry.....................

Advertisement