Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odessa

Options
  • 30-04-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of booking a table at Odessa in Dame court in Dublin this weekend, it looks like a nice spot and it's gotten some decent reviews. Just wondering has anybody on here been and if so would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Yeah - we go here a good bit. Always happy with service/food/price. They do great brunches. And their burger is quite good. They have started the 'fivers' thing, which sound great. Haven't tried them yet though. I'd recommend it for a mid price relaxed meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've eaten there maybe 10 times. It's not bad.

Their fillet steaks are excellent, and their cheese cake is incredible (normally I don't like cheese cake.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I was here for brunch at the weekend and their service was unbelievably snooty. I was embarassed that I'd suggested it to my friends, the whole experience was just uncomfortable. It's not an overly fancy/expensive restaurant so I'm not sure what they were hoping to acheive by this, I wouldn't have thought that any restaurants could afford to turn off their customers like this. The food was nice though, save for incredibly vinegary poached eggs and a garnish of hair with the french toast. :(

As a result, I'm now looking for somewhere else to go for brunch in Dublin city centre as I won't be back to the Odessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

As a result, I'm now looking for somewhere else to go for brunch in Dublin city centre as I won't be back to the Odessa.

Try The Millstone on Dame St., across from the central bank. They do a nice weekend brunch and it's not expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Was only there once, for an evening meal, but it really good ... mmmmmmm ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement