Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 USB modem problems with Mac

• 30-04-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Excuse me if this isn't the correct forum to post in.

I have a o2 usb modem the older E220

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/myconnect/O2/Home/Shop/Broadband/Buy+Broadband+now/

running with my latest generation Mac Book Pro 15 inch and before that on the generation before last 17inch Powerbook, using the same modem.

The connections can be very unpredictable with frequent disconnections even when stationary. The O2 Mac connection software (could that be described as an App?) also seems buggy with the software interface saying it's trying to connect when it plainly has connected.

Also if I disconnect the Software then crashes so I must reboot it.

I also occasionally get the whole computer crashing with a grey 'blind' coming down on the screen and the instruction to reboot by holding down the powerswitch - a proper crash.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

may be worth your time contacting o2 and asking them is there a firmware update for the e220 released by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I downloaded the latest Connection App which seems to improve things, Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 akdenton

I have had a lot of trouble using O2 mobile on my macbook pro and macbook.
    After lengthy sessions with O2 staff who were unable to help I eventually tried the modem on an imac. I was then able to extract the software and userguide and copy it to my macbook pro. Then it worked.

Simple, almost embarrassing solution for O2 and me I guess. I did ask O2 if they could email me the software but they were unable to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I got it sorted- I downloaded the latest doogeen from the Modem makers. All seems well now.

Advertisement